Heads22

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GOD @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
The thing that is really bugging me is this team has given up down only 3 runs in the 4th inning. It's sad I'm starting to highly doubt us making the playoffs. KW has ruined this team.

KW has ruined this team? Oh boy, I can't wait to hear your reasoning for saying this.

QUOTE(GOD @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
The thing that is really bugging me is this team has given up down only 3 runs in the 4th inning. It's sad I'm starting to highly doubt us making the playoffs. KW has ruined this team.

There are about 20 people I would blame for this before KW.

DJ is right this ump is completely in this teams head.

He f***ing blows, but you can't let it get to you.

He's blowing equally for both teams. To the extent that he is inconsistent, both pitchers and both teams' hitters are having to deal with the same inconsistency and same strike zone. Stop blaming the umpire. The Tigers appear to be dealing with his umpiring very well.

KW didn't make the pitching suddenly be 10 times worse than it ever has been. He's done all he can with making the bullpen better and putting this offense that has been so great most of the year on the field. The Vasquez trade was HORRIBLE, but the problem with this team has been starting pitching all year, and it's just looking worse now since the offense isn't hiding it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
It just baffles me how little enthusiasm and energy they have out there.

That's what pisses me off most! Getting beat is one thing...but to just go through the motions and really show little emotion or character...inexcusable. That is what I miss most about ARow!

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
He's blowing equally for both teams. To the extent that he is inconsistent, both pitchers and both teams' hitters are having to deal with the same inconsistency and same strike zone. Stop blaming the umpire. The Tigers appear to be dealing with his umpiring very well.

Have you read what I've said? I'm not blaming the f***ing umpire. I said he f***ing blows how can that be interpreted as blaming him?

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:02 AM)
wow, Rogers has retired 10 in a row. His stuff is not anywhere near that good tonight, the Sox are just an absolute joke at the plate right now. I'm starting to see it in their body language. This 3 run lead seems more like a 5-7 run lead right now

The whole terrible body language vibe started with the very first batter in that Twins series. Pods looked like he had his eyes closed at the plate against Bonser, and the Twins immediately had all the momentum. I just want to know when these guys are going to start playing like their season depends on the outcome of that particular game?

KW has done a fantastic job this year. However our pitching staff is just plain bad. thats ALL there really is to it. KW didn't do a great job in LF. thats it. He's still very good in my opinion

QUOTE(Wanne @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
That's what pisses me off most! Getting beat is one thing...but to just go through the motions and really show little emotion or character...inexcusable. That is what I miss most about ARow!

A Row has been mediocre as usual at the plate and hurt due to his kamikaze defense. Plus, if he's here, Thome's not.....so if you want Rowand back, that's fine, but we'd be even worse.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
KW has ruined this team? Oh boy, I can't wait to hear your reasoning for saying this.

I think Kenny has done a great job overall as White Sox GM, however, if this teams fails to reach the playoffs it's all on his shoulders. We didn't make it in '01-'04 but we didn't have a $100 M budget at that time either. You pour this much money into the team, and especially this rotation, you expect something more than a turd. Plus he could have very easily improved the team at the deadline (at least by trading away one of the underachievers).

QUOTE(GOD @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
KW ruined the team chemistry which means more than you think. The Vazquez trade was downright awful considering we had McCarthey who was ready to go, and Rowand was the heart of the team.

The team chemistry is not making the back bone of our team, the rotation, pitch like dogs***.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)
I think Kenny has done a great job overall as White Sox GM, however, if this teams fails to reach the playoffs it's all on his shoulders. We didn't make it in '01-'04 but we didn't have a $100 M budget at that time either. You pour this much money into the team, and especially this rotation, you expect something more than a turd. Plus he could have very easily improved the team at the deadline (at least by trading away one of the underachievers).

KW put a winning roster on the field. The starting pitchers haven't performed, and there are three members of our coaching staff that have sucked this year. However, our team doesn't deserve to make the postseason if every single starting pitcher underachieves.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)
Isn't Buehrle's option after this year a team one? Damn I'd just as soon let him go at this point and use the green on somebody else.

I'm not thrilled about picking up Buehrle's option next season, but the truth is, what alternatives are there? I doubt we're going to be outbidding many ballclubs for a valuable starting pitcher. Our system isn't capable of assisting our rotation for next season.

Wow! How far this pitching staff has fallen. It's unbefreakin'lievable. KW must be going nuts. How the hell do you fix THIS? A staff that supposedly had "excess" pitching is now scrambling to find a "reliable" starter. And we got nothin' waitin' down at the farm. Someone find me the PANIC button!

Edited by cgaudin

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
The team chemistry is not making the back bone of our team, the rotation, pitch like dogs***.

We sure seemed to play great in the posteason when the "heart of the team" was an automatic out at the plate.