Shawn Green to Mets

Jimbo's Drinker

Green still is under contract for 07 correct?

Just looked it up...yeah, just dropping the $$ will help the D-Backs a lot.

The terms were not disclosed, but were previously reported as being for $10.5 million in 2005, $8 million in 2006 and $9.5 million in 2007, including a $2 million signing bonus and a mutual option for a fourth year, with a $2 million buyout should the Diamondbacks decide not to retain him.

Just look at the young core the D-Backs have in their lineup right now (They're kind of my 2nd team since I saw them twice last season, and I love their farm system);

C - Estrada

1B - Jackson

2B - Hudson

SS - Drew

3B - Tracy

LF - Gonzo

CF - Byrnes / Young

RF - Quentin

They did very well to dump Green's contract after the season he's had. Now they can re-invest the $$$ they save into some SP.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
Because Green sucks and is paid way too much?

And besides, would you rather Green replace Jermaine Dye or Paul Konerko right now (unless you wanted to pay around 5-7M for a bench player next season).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
Just look at the young core the D-Backs have in their lineup right now (They're kind of my 2nd team since I saw them twice last season, and I love their farm system);

C - Estrada

1B - Jackson

2B - Hudson

SS - Drew

3B - Tracy

LF - Gonzo

CF - Byrnes / Young

RF - Quentin

They did very well to dump Green's contract after the season he's had. Now they can re-invest the $$$ they save into some SP.

Yep, that positional core kicks ass.

It's hard to get excited about the Diamondbacks though, given their lousy pitching environment. They're either gonna have to move those fences WAY back, or assemble an entire staff of extreme groundball pitchers.

If I'm a free agent pitcher, I'm not signing with Arizona because my value is gonna go straight to the spiffer. That stadium straight blows.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
Because Green sucks and is paid way too much?

Ayo, that horse is dead.

C: LoDuca

1B: Delgado

2B: Valentin

SS: Reyes

3B: Wright

LF: Chavez

CF: Beltran

RF: Green

Bench with Franco, Woodward, Ledee, and Milledge. Plus, will Floyd be back for the playoffs? They have a legit lineup to compete with AL teams, but they have to keep El Duque, Glavine, and Pedro healthy. Pedro/Glavine/El Duque/Trachsel as a playoff rotation with that lineup and bullpen would probably be able to win 2 games in the World Series.