It could be worse

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

i know everyone on here is down on the white sox right now but i would still make them the wild card favorite especially after they take 2 of 3 from the twins this weekend. imagine being a red sox fan and just getting swept by the yanks in a 5 games series and then losing again last night to the angels. they gotta be going nuts.

there really isnt much of an in depth analysis to this thread other than i think that a little positive perspective mixed in with all the negativity that already exists from others might be good for some here. lets keep things in perspective, the white sox have a 1/2 game lead in the WC and really only one team, maybe two (if boston ever turns it around), chasing them. over the last 2 years they have battled when it comes down to crunch time and i expect them to do it again the end of august and throughout september. :fight :fight

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
Who cares what the Red Sox are doing? I'm a White Sox fan. Might as well say at least we're not Pirates fans.

well they are 4 GB in the AL WC thats why

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
Great big difference between 6.5 and 7.5 back...

not when one team leads the WC while the other is 4 GB in the WC

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
just using it as an example as to why the situation could be MUCH worse for the white sox and their fans

We drop these next two to the Kitties, we'll be as close to that as we've been all season long.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
Just remember BigSqwert....

Booze and Liquor make the pain go quicker.....I think? :chair :fight :cheers

I'm in no pain. Just annoyed with the way the team is playing. There are 100 other things going on in my life where I don't have to mope around because of the Sox.

We basically are the Red Sox of the midwest right now.

A team that looks great on paper, that's been to the WS in the past two years, that should be killing everybody but cannot get as their division leader and even worse, has jeopardized their WC chances by losing, inexplicably, too many games to lesser opponents.

Whichever Sox you root for, we're in the same boat.