No one is confident in this division!

Tigers Fan

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 01:15 PM)
regardless of the outcome of this division, the Tigers are not a better team than the White Sox. Perhaps they did a better job of beating the Twins and Royals. Whatever. But head to head, they pale by comparison. Go ahead and win the division; you ain't going anywhere after that.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. the stats show it. The win and loss column show it. Good pitching is the essence of a solid baseball team. Or did you forget last year? The Tigers ARE the better team, plain and simple. Now, have the Sox underachieved? Absofreakin'lutely. But the proof is in the puddin'. It is what it is. Having said that, I want to wipe the floor with those guys in the ALCS, if the Sox get that far.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Wrong, wrong, wrong. the stats show it. The win and loss column show it. Good pitching is the essence of a solid baseball team. Or did you forget last year? The Tigers ARE the better team, plain and simple. Now, have the Sox underachieved? Absofreakin'lutely. But the proof is in the puddin'. It is what it is. Having said that, I want to wipe the floor with those guys in the ALCS, if the Sox get that far.

An argument can be made for both teams... Tigers better record in the standings... Whitesox better head to head record and better record against teams with .500 or better records I think. That said even with the recent SP struggles the Tigers have at least 2 starters they can count on Verlander/Bonderman while we are only with Garland.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
regardless of the outcome of this division, the Tigers are not a better team than the White Sox. Perhaps they did a better job of beating the Twins and Royals. Whatever. But head to head, they pale by comparison. Go ahead and win the division; you ain't going anywhere after that.

So are the Cubs better than the Cardinals since they've beat them head to head? At this moment the Tigers are the better team, it's really not that close in my mind either.