Thornton's master plan...

EvilJester99

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
So instead of Mack in CF, we'd see Pablo there more.

Seriously.

Pablo is a righty. You can't platoon Anderson with a righty. And Anderson must never face righties. EVER. Jesus would strike down the White Sox if Anderson faced a righty.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
Pablo is a righty. You can't platoon Anderson with a righty. And Anderson must never face righties. EVER. Jesus would strike down the White Sox if Anderson faced a righty.

You think that would stop Ozzie from using Pablo when giving Anderson a rest? We already know that Pablo was working out in CF earlier in the year, if Mack wasn't around, the backup CF job would be Pablo's.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
So instead of Mack in CF, we'd see Pablo there more.

Seriously.

No, Damaso Marte would have been traded for an actual backup OFer...you know, an OFer that can play all 3 OF positions adequately.

Macko's a great guy and a great bat off the bench, but Ozzie is making people hate him because he puts him in CF constantly. It just like, for Christ's sake, just get me a fooking backup centerfielder already.

Mack is hitting .300 with a .378 OBP. Come on, that's DAMN good off the bench, especially a lefty bat. To say you'd take that trade back is silly, every pitcher in our bullpen is better than Damaso except Cotts, and he isn't going to AAA, so we really don't even have a spot for him right now.

Mack is a guy everybody would love if Ozzie would stop being an idiot and putting him in CF.

We are going to be looking at a revamped rotation is my guess. I see Freddie probably gone and maybe Vazquez and even one more. I think Garland will be the ace. McCarthy replaces one pitcher and it doesn't hurt to have one more lefty so why not give Thornton a shot at it?

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
We are going to be looking at a revamped rotation is my guess. I see Freddie probably gone and maybe Vazquez and even one more. I think Garland will be the ace. McCarthy replaces one pitcher and it doesn't hurt to have one more lefty so why not give Thornton a shot at it?

Because you significantly weaken the bullpen and take away from the actual strength of our pitching staff to try out a guy who doesnt have an offspeed pitch as a starter.