Sox @ Tigers, 12:05pm CT

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
I second this calling of shenanigans. This rain delay s*** will not stand

The Dude: I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This rain delay shouldn't be too long. A small storm is mostly through Detroit now. Unfortunately there is a huge storm behind it, which is currently covering most of Wisconsin. There might be a second, much longer rain delay coming about midway through the game.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
Hey we have to get, what, 5-1/2 innings in for a full game?

Garland! Have a seat!

Javy, yer up!

5 innings since we are on the road. If its 4/1/2 innings it means we have lost because the Tigers are winning at that point and are hitting.

QUOTE(soxunited @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
I'm really surprised Infante isn't playing today, he has good numbers against Infante and Neifi Perez doesn't really scream defensive prowress

Neiffi is a gold glover. He's not as good as he once was, but considering he's at 2nd base you have a guy with some serious range and a SS's arm over there so he's superior to Infante defensively over there.

That said offensively he leaves a lot to be desired.

QUOTE(soxunited @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
I'm really surprised Infante isn't playing today, he has good numbers against Infante and Neifi Perez doesn't really scream defensive prowress

Infante is a dropoff from Perez defensively, but if he hadn't made that error against Texas when Robertson threw the 2 hitter, it would not even be a discussion. It could've happened to anyone.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
Neiffi is a gold glover. He's not as good as he once was, but considering he's at 2nd base you have a guy with some serious range and a SS's arm over there so he's superior to Infante defensively over there.

That said offensively he leaves a lot to be desired.

True, but like you said, he was a gold glover once and that was 6 years ago. I don't put a lot of faith in someone when even veteran happy Dusty Baker didn't want him playing on an everyday basis. I do think Neifi may have an edge defensively, but I have to wonder if the difference between the two defensively is signifcant enough to keep Infante on the bench. Either way, I like the Sox chances against the Tiger lineup today

Edited by soxunited

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
whats with the ozuna love on this board. The guy is hitting 6/45 or .133 since the All Star Break. Podsednik is hitting 26/118 or .220.

Both suck. Ozuna's may be tied to his injury cause he totally fell off the wagon at that point. However, ones a backup the other is supposed to be our catalyst and he's failed at that. He's supposed to be the one guy who can help us create runs when our bats are quiet and he's absolutely failed to do that all while playing horrific defense.

IF there is one guy I'd blame on our offense it would be Pods. The rest of the offense I'm completely fine with. The guys are producing or contributing in another way (Anderson and Uribe with there defense, although Uribe did have a defensive slump at one point).

Than of course there is the rotation which has been ridiculously horrible. Had it manned up this season we'd be well ahead in the wild card race and breathing right down the Tigers throats (even with Pods lousy play). They have been the biggest failure of all and this failure has nothing to do with Ozzie and everything to do with the players not exeucting (although I could buy that fatigue from last season played a part as well, but bottom line they haven't gotten the job done).

Hawk and DJ are back and the Tigers are in the field. Game is going to start right now.

Pablo Grounds Out to 2nd base

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
whats with the ozuna love on this board. The guy is hitting 6/45 or .133 since the All Star Break. Podsednik is hitting 26/118 or .220.

Ozuna sucks. Pods sucks less.