Sox @ Tigers, 12:05pm CT

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
dye is quickly closing on big papi for AL MVP

Really? Last I checked, Dye is still in Chicago, while Ortiz is in Boston. I'm pretty sure Ortiz has it locked up, even though he doesn't deserve it more than some.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
We've got to start getting contributions from our 1-2 hitters, especially if Thome is out. Has there been any update on Thome's injury? Also, what's the expected time of the 2nd big storm?

I expect a new top of the order next year, both at the top and in the 2nd spot. This isn't a knock on Guchi, rather its the fact that we need more speed if we are going to have Ozzie as our manager. I don't mind it because with some speed I think we will be far better.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
The one thing that is a shame is if we make the playoffs, Jermaine Dye SHOULD win MVP bar none, but he won't.

I think Dye cares more about making the playoffs then winning the MVP.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
I'm actually pretty OK with that lineup, since Thome can't play. Glad to see Dye at #3.

Ive been screaming to put Dye or Konerko 3rd, and Lo & Behold, Jermaine Goes Yard.

YES!!!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
I expect a new top of the order next year, both at the top and in the 2nd spot. This isn't a knock on Guchi, rather its the fact that we need more speed if we are going to have Ozzie as our manager. I don't mind it because with some speed I think we will be far better.

I still would like to see what Anderson could do in the 2 hole next year...especially if there's no dropoff in how he's been playing since June 1 before the end of the year.

Jon with the power sinker, and RACK 'EM UP!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
I still would like to see what Anderson could do in the 2 hole next year...especially if there's no dropoff in how he's been playing since June 1 before the end of the year.

Agreed, especially since Brian hits rights and lefties pretty equally (and actually hits righties better).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)

Oh god, that would be awful. I'm sorry, Anderson has made some strides but he is far from a 2 hitter. He has a horrible idea of the strike zone and his approach at the plate still has some serious issues. He's got to stay down in that lineup for a year or two.

I've long said Anderson has ability but also was one of the few who said he would struggle a lot when he first came up and he will continue to have some struggles as he slowly makes some strides/progress.

Jon gets the double play ball. I really have no idea how we turned it considering how slowly the ball was hit and the fact that Uribe had to range to his right and than Guchi had a tough turn. Jon jams Dmitri and its a 1-2-3 bottom of the first for the Tigers.

Man I like Dye in the 3 hole. Gooch is beyond awful against LHP, and our lead off hitters seem to be retarded.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)
The rest of the staff should take note with that Jon has shown since he's turned it around, which is it's amazing how much success you have if you can do things as simple as keep the ball down, not walk guys, and not give up homers.

And pitch effectively inside.