Sox @ Tigers, 12:05pm CT

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
Because with Thome in the 3 hole, our top three hitters are worthless against LHP. Not only that, but Dye is better with runners in scoring position and gets more hits, which would allow our place setters to score more often. Just because we hit alot of HR's before, doesn mean the offense could be more efficient. our team is garbage against Lefties.

No doubt we need a good right handed bat to bring in, but all in all I am satisfied with the offense. Can't argue with the problem we have with lefties though. Remmeber last year they all said we were too heavy from the right side. Now it's too many LH bats.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
Because with Thome in the 3 hole, our top three hitters are worthless against LHP. Not only that, but Dye is better with runners in scoring position and gets more hits, which would allow our place setters to score more often. Just because we hit alot of HR's before, doesn mean the offense could be more efficient. our team is garbage against Lefties.

I dont think some people understand the dynamics of building an effective offense. I would take an offense that scored runs more consistently than one that had the ability to score 20 one game and get blanked by a junkballer the next.

In fact, vs Lh's, i wouldnt mind seeing this lineup.....Pablo, Uribe, Dye, Pk, Thome, Crede, Iguchi, AJ, Anderson....

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
No doubt we need a good right handed bat to bring in, but all in all I am satisfied with the offense. Can't argue with the problem we have with lefties though. Remmeber last year they all said we were too heavy from the right side. Now it's too many LH bats.

Not true at all. Iguchi is a righthanded hitter who is worthless against LHP. So you have 3 hitters, pods, gooch and thome who can all be neautralized by a LOOGY.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
Sounds good to me.....Let's just hope Javy, Jose and Buehrle show up this weekend....Biggest series of the year IMO.
It definitely is the most important series of the season. Unfortunately we have to face Radke and Santana again.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
From here on out, every new series is our biggest series of the year.

If we win/sweep a few series...then suddenly they won't be that big. If we keep losing series/games, then every game will be a big one until we're out of it. If we'd done our job in the last 6 big series, the next ones would be a lot smaller.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
At this point, if we could get at least one other starter to pitch at Garland's level we would probably make the playoffs.

well then Jose better step it up. Because i dont have much confidence in the other 3 guys right now, especially Fred EX, and Spazquez

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Not true at all. Iguchi is a righthanded hitter who is worthless against LHP. So you have 3 hitters, pods, gooch and thome who can all be neautralized by a LOOGY.

I have seen some production lefty against lefty every once in awhile, but what is this you are saying about the Gooch against lefties? What is his average do you know? I think thatbwhat you are kind of getting at here is a platoon situation and if so I would argue that. Now Pods is in a slump and you do see Pablo more and more, but I don't see him offensively performing at the level he did earlier. He is hitting at a higher BA then Pods for sure, but not as many AB's

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
I have seen some production lefty against lefty every once in awhile, but what is this you are saying about the Gooch against lefties? What is his average do you know? I think thatbwhat you are kind of getting at here is a platoon situation and if so I would argue that. Now Pods is in a slump and you do see Pablo more and more, but I don't see him offensively performing at the level he did earlier. He is hitting at a higher BA then Pods for sure, but not as many AB's

Iguchi hits about .320 against righties and .233 against lefties this season. So naturally, Ozzie always plays him against the lefties and sits him against righties.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
As bad as this freaking roadtrip has gone, if Freddy a-hole coulda beat a guy named Boof, it's a 4-3 trip against 2 damn tough teams.

Please dont remind me about that crap of a game

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
Iguchi hits about .320 against righties and .233 against lefties this season. So naturally, Ozzie always plays him against the lefties and sits him against righties.

Platooning right vrs lefty and lefty vrs righty is overrated that's for sure.