Sox @ Tigers, 12:05pm CT

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)
I hate to say this, but losing Thome is just so so so so much better than losing Dye

Right now, without a doubt. I'd be beside myself if we lost Dye right now....... Also, I wouldnt mind OZ giving Dye a couple days off in RF, and plug Gload or MAck in there while Thome's gone to give his leg's some rest.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
"Watch Jermaine Dye get even hotter in the #3 hole"

maybe this will finally convince Oz that he belongs there

Just logged on at work to check game day. Garland is magic and Dye is the wizard. If we can at least split this series I will feel good about our chances of making a run at that number one spot and even better about the wild card.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
Right now, without a doubt. I'd be beside myself if we lost Dye right now....... Also, I wouldnt mind OZ giving Dye a couple days off in RF, and plug Gload or MAck in there while Thome's gone to give his leg's some rest.

Rob Mackowiak is only allowed to play CF, or LF late in games. You know that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
Oddly it seems that Jermaine can handle the 3 hole.

Now lets leave him there for the rest of the year.

the argument that we need the lefty righty alternate to avoid the loogy really doesnt hold water. Because of Gooch's numbers versus lefties, they bring the loogy in anyways to clean house against Pods, Gooch and Thome.

Lets get some of that Dye 3 hole magic.

If Oz wants to flip flop Dye and Thome vs LH's and RH's that's fine with me as well.....BTW, :lol: on Casey getting thrown out by Pablo in LF

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)

Mackowiak in RF, I dont want Gload anywhere near the outfield.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)

I don't know why anyone is even bringing the #3 hitter up as far as Dye is concered. Thome, Konerko, DYE and Crede have provided is with some real thunder and then Iguchi, Pierzynski and sometime Uribe to boot. Doesn't matter who is in the #3 spot we have a ton of offense.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
I don't know why anyone is even bringing the #3 hitter up as far as Dye is concered. Thome, Konerko, DYE and Crede have provided is with some real thunder and then Iguchi, Pierzynski and sometime Uribe to boot. Doesn't matter who is in the #3 spot we have a ton of offense.

That doesn't mean we couldn't set the lineup up in a way that works even better.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
WTF???

CASEY THROWN OUT AT 1ST BY OZUNA IN LF!!! WHAT A PLAY, WHAT WAS CASEY DOING?!?!

He thought Crede caught it and stopped running. Then realized it was in left field and started running, but he is too slow to get there in time. I have seen people get thrown out getting a hit to RF with guys like Vlad out there but never left.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
WTF???

CASEY THROWN OUT AT 1ST BY OZUNA IN LF!!! WHAT A PLAY, WHAT WAS CASEY DOING?!?!

I read this play-by-play account on MLB game day. I hope they show this on ESPN BBTN or something. What they heck happened there?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
Hes slower than dirt. ALways has been.

But the ball hit off Crede's glove and trickled into left, and I've never seen a 5-7-3 before. Casey just didn't hustle, he assumed Crede caught it, although who can blame him lol. And also, props to Pablo on a nice throw as well.

Heading to the 6th, 7-0 Sox. Jon has it rolling, and this game is OFFICIAL!! (although it looks like the sun is out there anyways)

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)

Because with Thome in the 3 hole, our top three hitters are worthless against LHP. Not only that, but Dye is better with runners in scoring position and gets more hits, which would allow our place setters to score more often. Just because we hit alot of HR's before, doesn mean the offense could be more efficient. our team is garbage against Lefties.

I dont think some people understand the dynamics of building an effective offense. I would take an offense that scored runs more consistently than one that had the ability to score 20 one game and get blanked by a junkballer the next.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
He thought Crede caught it and stopped running. Then realized it was in left field and started running, but he is too slow to get there in time. I have seen people get thrown out getting a hit to RF with guys like Vlad out there but never left.

I'm watching the game and saw it live, but I still can't believe it.

:lol: