MIN Lineup

stretchstretch

Everyone knows about Mauer and Morneau, but Bartlett hitting 351 and Tyner 317, add Punto's 314 and that's five??

There's almost no sports media coverage of this lineup, just wondering why with these stats, seeing that we have only 2 regulars over 300 (AJ and Crede just under) and the sports media drools over our offense

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
Everyone knows about Mauer and Morneau, but Bartlett hitting 351 and Tyner 317, add Punto's 314 and that's five??

There's almost no sports media coverage of this lineup, just wondering why with these stats, seeing that we have only 2 regulars over 300 (AJ and Crede just under) and the sports media drools over our offense

73 more runs, 75 more homers

CHICKS DIG THE LONGBALL

because they are punto, bartlett and tyner, and they play in minnesota. you never hear about cuddyer either, even though he is putting together a pretty good year. unless you are dominant like morneau, mauer, santana, or liriano you just don't get coverage. and joe nathan still doesn't get the credit he deserves. he is one of the best closers in the game, up there with rivera.

also, jd is hitting 321, konerko 310, and thome is at 294 if you are going to count crede's 295

Edited by fullcollapse

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)

uh, Bartlett, Punto, and Tyner don't have enough bats to qualify, so its basically the same thing as saying Mack and Ozuna count as .300+ hitters too.

But are Bartlett and Tyner really for real? Is Bartlett the next Boggs? Doubtful.

Bob

Dye and Konerko are over 300, too.

Minny's lineup really puzzles me. I've been saying we should expect a decrease in our run production (and that has happened to an extent) but I can't believe the Twins are hitting like this. Tyner and Punto have to come back to earth at some point.

They are all very fundamentally sound hitters. They can bunt. They can hit the other way. They'll hit it to the gaps and they'll take infield hits and just plain old singles.

Imagine that. A team that can bunt. A team that can score consistently. Talent wise, the Sox pwn the Twins...but the Sox can't do anything consistently. Minnesota is awesome at that. With the talent, or lack thereof, in that lineup, it's amazing they are hitting .286 as a club.

Jason Tyner is a guy who used to give me hope, an extremely fast outfielder with no power whatsoever! I remember reading that he has never hit a home run in college, the minors, or the pros. I do not know if that has changed, but for a once fast outfielder who could only hit to the opposite field, it always gave me hope (unitil i went to college, became slow, and figured out that if you pull the ball, it really can go far!)!

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
Joe Vavra has done a FANTASTIC job since he's come in as their hitting coach this season. Guys like Morneau has really flourished under him.

I bashed Greg Walker as much as anyone at the start of this season and last season, but I think he's done a dynamite job with our guys too. Anderson has learned how to hit, Crede has finally turned into a dynamite hitter, Dye has only gotten better, and there have been more than a few games where you could see that the whole lineup had excellent plans for how to deal with pitchers, followed those plans, and succeeded.

QUOTE(gosox41 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
But are Bartlett and Tyner really for real? Is Bartlett the next Boggs? Doubtful.

Bob

Punto worked with Harmon before the season. This is the PUNTO that will be here, he is on earth!

Barlett got a kick in the butt when he was sent down to the minors, he is for real....

Tyner continues to amaze me, and he has got a heck of an arm. Just ask your guy sliding into home as he is being tagged!

We like it when the media doesn't give us credit. When every one is against us, we do well! Go TWINS!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:55 AM)
Jason Tyner needs to remember he sucks.

Carlos Silva too.

Tyner may suck but he threw out one of YOUR boys sliding into home. How do you like them apples? People say stuff like that when they are worried. Are you worried?

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
There a good line up no doubt, but the 81 games they play in that piece of garbage they call a ballpark is one reason they hit well. They know how to take advantage of home field turf. We can beat them in Chicago.

It is what it is man. Every team should have home field advantage right?

And we beat you at your house. I think we swept you, and we have won last night...How do you explain that?

QUOTE(beautox @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
Are you 13? seriously, trolling is teh sux.

Nope I am not 13. Just a TWINS FAN BABY

QUOTE(KFran @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Punto worked with Harmon before the season. This is the PUNTO that will be here, he is on earth!

Barlett got a kick in the butt when he was sent down to the minors, he is for real....

Tyner continues to amaze me, and he has got a heck of an arm. Just ask your guy sliding into home as he is being tagged!

We like it when the media doesn't give us credit. When every one is against us, we do well! Go TWINS!

Tyner may suck but he threw out one of YOUR boys sliding into home. How do you like them apples? People say stuff like that when they are worried. Are you worried?

Punto is crap... next season he will suck.. I kind of like Bartlett but think he will hit for a little lower avg. next season as well. I think Tyner is a great 4th OF but thats what he is.

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
I like Kfran.

=D

he my boy

I'm a girl...

Also, we will ride this out as long as we can! Just as you all did last season. We don't need to be concerned right now with how we perform next season, all I know is we are beating that a**, and smelling out RBI's against your higher payroll with our crappy dome!

QUOTE(KFran @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
I'm a girl...

Also, we will ride this out as long as we can! Just as you all did last season. We don't need to be concerned right now with how we perform next season, all I know is we are beating that a**, and smelling out RBI's against your higher payroll with our crappy dome!

Your method still hasn't gotten you guys a World Series ring. You may be in the playoffs and we may not, but your team still hasn't been to a World Series recently. Also you can call that a crappy dome, but your team knows how to hit the ball on the turf better than anyone else there is, so when you guys get a new stadium, watch out for that because there won't be the turf high bounce for the turf roll.

QUOTE(KFran @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)

He wasn't good enough for the Devil Rays.

Funny you're not here now.

QUOTE(KFran @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)

ok, i understand punto is hitting over .300, but i've seen him boot a number of routine plays in the last month or so and his career numbers leave no reason to think he'll be able to sustain this. also i don't see how working with kilebrew has anything to do with it. harmon was a high ob, low average power hitter, punto is the opposite.

yes tyner did throw a runner out at the plate, you can thank joey cora for that. there is a reason he is their sixth outfielder. stewart is out, ford is there, and kubel would probably be in left if his knees didn't hurt. tyner will soon remember that. punto and tyner will not have this kind of season next year, and if the twins are hoping they do, i feel much better about our chances next year.

Edited by fullcollapse