Sox Playoff Tickets

tonyho7476

So I got my invoice for playoff tickets, and payed it. However, I was a little dissappointed that I am going from section 113 to the upper deck for all the playoff games. Seems kind of s***ty. I know that MLB sucks up a ton of tickets, and that being a split season ticket holder does not guarantee me my seats, but for the first series I got row 12, section 540 something. That blows. My tickets do get better as the playoffs go on. I think for the WS I am closer to home, and in row 7.

Was anyone else dissappointed?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:20 AM)
So I got my invoice for playoff tickets, and payed it. However, I was a little dissappointed that I am going from section 113 to the upper deck for all the playoff games. Seems kind of s***ty. I know that MLB sucks up a ton of tickets, and that being a split season ticket holder does not guarantee me my seats, but for the first series I got row 12, section 540 something. That blows. My tickets do get better as the playoffs go on. I think for the WS I am closer to home, and in row 7.

Was anyone else dissappointed?

You'll have to get a part time job at Cinnabon and save up for a full season plan.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:23 AM)
You'll have to get a part time job at Cinnabon and save up for a full season plan.

they need to put the middle finger smiley back in here, so I can give it to you. Money is not the issue, I don't need 81 games a year. Thanks for the insight.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
they need to put the middle finger smiley back in here, so I can give it to you. Money is not the issue, I don't need 81 games a year. Thanks for the insight.

Don't take it so hard. I was being silly. Not trying to be a jerk.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
I don't need 81 games a year.

I have to say, Jim and I are struggling with the 61 home games this year. The # goes up every year it seems and we are never home over the summer. We are thinking about scaling it back next year.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:31 AM)
I have to say, Jim and I are struggling with the 61 home games this year. The # goes up every year it seems and we are never home over the summer. We are thinking about scaling it back next year.

i wanted to split a package with people at work, but couldn't get anyone, so just got the partial. My close, non-work friends are communists, I mean Cub fans. So I had limited options.

Likewise. It's been a daunting task to manage a full season.

Me too! It hard for me to make the trip from the northside to every game and the highways being screwed up makes it harder. I only sold a couple pairs of tixs this year and gave the rest away to friends,Soxtalk and customers.

I was almost thinking about not buying the playoff tixs, that way it would be a lock that they make the playoffs. :P I had splits last year and my tixs were in left field. The Boston series was in right, Angels in left and WS in the upper deck. I sat in the upper for on of the WS games and it was great! I had an extra set for the rain game and chose to sit in left field and I got wet and my friends were dry. But Kongs HR came within 2 rows of me, PRICELESS!

The playoffs are fun no matter where you sit!

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:33 AM)
i wanted to split a package with people at work, but couldn't get anyone, so just got the partial. My close, non-work friends are communists, I mean Cub fans. So I had limited options.

I have actually been looking for new people to split a season with.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
If you split, just be sure you have all the rules set. We have a friend who has 6 "partners"... and you know they are all looking for playoff tickets now. Some of them aint gonna be friends much longer. :ph34r:

I have the 27 game set for myself and I split 81 games with other people. its gotten to the point now where guys are getting a little greedy and its time to break off the agreement.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
If you split, just be sure you have all the rules set. We have a friend who has 6 "partners"... and you know they are all looking for playoff tickets now. Some of them aint gonna be friends much longer. :ph34r:

Yes, the rules are the most important thing. Especially, how the playoffs get handled.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:09 AM)
Yes, the rules are the most important thing. Especially, how the playoffs get handled.

Totally. Its all about being fair. You cant always have everything. I really want to split some club levels with someone soon. I really have fallen for those seats.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:14 AM)
Totally. Its all about being fair. You cant always have everything. I really want to split some club levels with someone soon. I really have fallen for those seats.

I've been thinking of going to the clubs next season as well - looking to get a group together (some from my current 27-game group, some new). Hard part is, I want to do 4 seats. I figure 8 people is ideal for that. Do a draft type thing for the regular season games for each of the 8 people, and set the rules for post-season (group A/group B sort of thing).

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:19 AM)
I've been thinking of going to the clubs next season as well - looking to get a group together (some from my current 27-game group, some new). Hard part is, I want to do 4 seats. I figure 8 people is ideal for that. Do a draft type thing for the regular season games for each of the 8 people, and set the rules for post-season (group A/group B sort of thing).

I've been in the Club for 7 or 8 years. I went there before they renovated it, and I loved it then, but after the renovation, its so great. A/C when its hot. Heat when its cold. No bathroom lines. You don't have to worry about the people getting to the game in the 3rd inning arriving at a key point of the game, standing there blocking your view. I think its sold out now. A few years ago, there were games when my friend and I basically had the entire section to ourselves. Also if you're in the infield, the view is the best I think for the entire field. Obviously down below is closer, but I think you have a better perspective and view on balls hit to the OF from the club level.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
I've been in the Club for 7 or 8 years. I went there before they renovated it, and I loved it then, but after the renovation, its so great. A/C when its hot. Heat when its cold. No bathroom lines. You don't have to worry about the people getting to the game in the 3rd inning arriving at a key point of the game, standing there blocking your view. I think its sold out now. A few years ago, there were games when my friend and I basically had the entire section to ourselves. Also if you're in the infield, the view is the best I think for the entire field. Obviously down below is closer, but I think you have a better perspective and view on balls hit to the OF from the club level.

The best part is not waiting in bathroom lines...oh, and the food. Oh and the view. oh and the full bar....well, I guess everything is the best part.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:19 AM)

I think 8 people is too many...I think you're asking for problems with a group that large. I think you should stick with the same number of people, as seats. That way, say there is a game 5 of the Division Series...you just say, ok, everyone gets their one seat.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
I think 8 people is too many...I think you're asking for problems with a group that large. I think you should stick with the same number of people, as seats. That way, say there is a game 5 of the Division Series...you just say, ok, everyone gets their one seat.

How do you think I feel right now? We have 2 full season seats. 1 seat is completely mine. The other is split 3 ways (27 games each which made it rather easy). The playoffs are going to be a headache though with these 3 guys.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
The best part is not waiting in bathroom lines...oh, and the food. Oh and the view. oh and the full bar....well, I guess everything is the best part.

Eh, 8 isn't bad, as long as you set the guidelines ahead of time. Thats the key. You just say, OK, there are 2 groups of four, that get alternating games. Group 1 gets first postseason game, group 2 gets game 2, group 1 gets game 3... you get a seat at every other game.

4 people in 4 seats would be great, but... I really don't want to shell out 6k for my wife and I for those 2 seats.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
Likewise. It's been a daunting task to manage a full season.

We are first time season ticketholders and I agree would be overwhelmng going to every game. Luckily we have a neighbor who is splitting the tickets with us (he took like 32 games).

I think next year will be easier - several people I sold single game tickets to are becoming repeat buyers.

I have also been fairly successful listing some of the games on the Sox ticket exchange. Generally all I am looking for is face value.

:gosox1:

I've been discussing doing a full-season split, too, and I would be thrilled to do it in the Club Level.

Of course, I realize that no one here knows me (and vice-versa), but I think having a set of clearly-defined, written rules could make something like this work. If you're looking for another person to join a group to split some season tickets, please consider me as well.

QUOTE(Balance @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
I've been discussing doing a full-season split, too, and I would be thrilled to do it in the Club Level.

Of course, I realize that no one here knows me (and vice-versa), but I think having a set of clearly-defined, written rules could make something like this work. If you're looking for another person to join a group to split some season tickets, please consider me as well.

I will as well. I already have feelers out to others and my ticket rep.

I get mine from someone who reports to Bud Selig.

I'll find out how much I owe in another few weeks.

Last year, she hooked me up with ALCS and WS tickets at the eleventh hour, and they were very last row upper deck behind home plate at both Angel Stadium (behind Bengie Molina's family, no less) and USCF.