Sox fall to Twins again

shoota

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:21 PM)
Not if the Twins have a rotation of Santana....and pray for rain. I'm calling this right now...Sunday is the turning point of our season one way or another.

I meant the White Sox. Does anyone think 20 of 34 could/is going to happen? That's what is needed to get in the playoffs.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:23 AM)
ADR, that's one of the more underwhelming calls I've ever heard.

ADR? What does that mean.

If we can come out of this series 1/2 game out of the WC lead, I like our chances the rest of the way with Radke injured and Liriano not returning as a starter.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
The score will be 1-1 in the 8th inning and Ozzie will use Cotts out of the pen with a man on third because the batter is Jason Tyner and he is a lefty. Bmac and Brian are playing cards in the bowels of the stadium in Ozzie detention.

Let me finish it for you, we all know what happens and you ask Rongey (I butchered his name last time) how he's going to spin that decision.

Not if the Twins have a rotation of Santana....and pray for rain. I'm calling this right now...Sunday is the turning point of our season one way or another.

Their rotation is better than ours has been (for months), even without Radke. Obviously that is a problem for them, but they have been playing better than the Sox in every way for the past two months. I don't know why that should suddenly change.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:26 AM)
Their rotation is better than ours has been (for months), even without Radke. Obviously that is a problem for them, but they have been playing better than the Sox in every way for the past two months. I don't know why that should suddenly change.

Losing Radke would be huge for them. He's been great over the past few months. I like our chances if their rotation is Santana and then 4 other guys a lot more than if it was Santana, Liriano, Radke, and then 2 others.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)

If we can come out of this series 1/2 game out of the WC lead, I like our chances the rest of the way with Radke injured and Liriano not returning as a starter.

"All due respect".

Just saying, with Santana tomorrow...saying Sunday is paramount is going out on a limb of sorts -- just a really big, stable limb. :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)

Wow, I guess I feel really bad about this loss if I think Mr. Pessimism is being a little too optimistic. They played it like a must win game and lost. What does that say about their chances in other must win games?

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:27 AM)
Wow, I guess I feel really bad about this loss if I think Mr. Pessimism is being a little too optimistic. They played it like a must win game and lost. What does that say about their chances in other must win games?

Well, if it makes you feel better, I think our current chemistry sucks and Ozzie has absolutely no clue how to manage this personnel.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)

At this point, I think Radke, Liriano, Morneau, Mauer and Santana could all be injured -- and Gardenhire blindfolded and lobotomized (in either order) -- and we'd still be wondering how we lost to the Twins.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:27 AM)
"All due respect".

Just saying, with Santana tomorrow...saying Sunday is paramount is going out on a limb of sorts -- just a really big, stable limb. :P

Respect? I don't need no stinking respect. :P

I think I said that comment to make me feel better about this weekend. I need this season to last as long as possible, because as soon as it's over, it's wedding planning time....YUCK!

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:27 PM)
Of course Rongey doesn't address the McCarthy question.

When presented with a real tough question, Rogney goes into his bozo buckets and pulls out a gift card to some crappy sponsor of the show, or to one of his remotes. Because going to Shoeless Joes to see this clown in person is the highlight of someones life.

Actually that might be fun. To heckle him in person. I will have to pay attention on the next away game stand.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:27 PM)
Of course Rongey doesn't address the McCarthy question.

Is he injured or what? Why can't anyone within the media answer the question, or management answer it?

Someone on this board mentioned Cooper citing McCarthy's "sore shoulder" as an excuse, but then why haven't there been any newspaper reports about it? Have I just missed them?

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
Hah!

The Sox have to "find a way" to make Cotts effective and give him "condfidence"......

I miss Brian Dolgin.....

Maybe Damaso Cotts should go help McCarthy collect plastic cups during the game. That would be more effective IMO.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
Hah!

The Sox have to "find a way" to make Cotts effective and give him "condfidence"......

I miss Brian Dolgin.....

Brian was the same guy.

Dave Wills was the man to miss. He at least would be critical once in a while.