Sox fall to Twins again

shoota

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
Konerko didnt see a fastball last game and looked stupid swinging at changeups in the dirt.

Konerko's at-bats against Santana are pretty entertaining. You can actually see the gears grinding in Paulie's head as he tries to figure out what to do. The result is customarily a strikeout on a changeup, followed by small head shake and bat grip, then trudge to dugout.

Now comes the happy, detective-style music on the post game show. Yes, another evening of Chris "The Shadow" Ronge has come to a close.

You may return to regularly scheduled human reasoning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
Some of the guys who actually did damage against Santana were Ordonez and Rowand, and that's cause they would drive the ball to the opposite field against him.

BA hit well against him last time, because he went to right.

Gooch goes to right so much he gets some good wood on the ball against him.

But the pull-o-matic paulie swings for the fences guessing fastball on every pitch. If santana is dumb enough to throw a fastball he may hit it out. But he will get a steady diet of changes in the dirt.

wow just got back, what a frustrating game

besides the fact that we beat ourselves in the game, it was really frustrating to see the satisfaction of obnoxious twinky fans in my section

The twins simply kick our ass, they own us, and its our f***ing fault

hopefully we can win tomorrow

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
2 strikes with the twins or tigers. They shorten their swing, they put the ball in play up the middle or to the right.

2 strikes on the sox, either they pose statuesque and walk back to the dugout taking one down the cock, or they swing for the fence and look stupid on a low and away pitch.

Its the same approach we have seen for years with 2 strikes. Our team is a f***ing softball team.

That sums about 1/4 of it that would be under Walker.. Javy did ok he gets in trouble after the 5th Ozzie reacted to that by bringing in Cotts hoping that if he keeps doing the same thing will bring different results.... He brings in Riske in to pitch to Hunter. I'm not sure if they found that ball yet. I'm not done ranting yet Cora sends Gload bad throw off the mark doesn't get him but its right on the money. Mauer is blocking the plate Gload tries the old head first finesse slide around Mauer. Gload should have plowed into him just like AJ did with Barrett but unlike Hunter in 04 when he went out of his way to take out happy to be alive, not in a coma Jamie Burke.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ronge can't possibly believe its acceptable to make the 2nd out of the inning at home plate.

THANKGODYOURALIVEDICKALLEN!!!

Joey Cora WTF?

How many times this year do we take the pressure off the situation? Rediculous! 1&3 w/ one out with the potential to bury them....completely blown opp!

Almost every time in my 37 years that a team goes out and commits mental baseball sin....at the end of the game you say to yourself....yep that cost us!

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow just got back, what a frustrating game

besides the fact that we beat ourselves in the game, it was really frustrating to see the satisfaction of obnoxious twinky fans in my section

The twins simply kick our ass, they own us, and its our f***ing fault

hopefully we can win tomorrow

with that said...MINN gets to the playoffs, plays the NYY and look like little girls without their skirts! when we show up to the dance....we WINTHEENTIREFREAKINGTHINGNOMESS!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
BTW...may I recommend moving Gload into the #2 hole in the order, and putting Iguchi 7th in the lineup.

I think Ozzie needs to realize that Cotts cannot get lefties out, just like Marte last year couldnt get lefties out. Why is he option A out of the pen.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:56 AM)
I think Ozzie needs to realize that Cotts cannot get lefties out, just like Marte last year couldnt get lefties out. Why is he option A out of the pen.

It's disturbing that we're about 125 games into the season, and it seems like Ozzie has been coaching this particular group of players for about a week. He keeps making some of the same mistakes.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
This has been said by others on here, but Joey Cora is costing us the

pennant.

Thanks for killing our momentum tonight, Joe.

Geez have a clue!!!!!!!

Cora and Guillen are killing this team this year.

If you are 90 in a walker, and havent hit third yet, He will send you. Because it takes a perfect throw and a perfect exchange, and a perfect patience to wait for you to get tagged out. Cora was the guy on the Boers and Bernstein show saying that with a man on first and 3rd and Konerko on third. That even with the men up trying to cut off the run, Konerko should go on contact. Konerko was tagged off trying to get back to third on a fast grounder to third. The minute he said that I knew he lost all sense of reality. You dont send your player on contact with the infield in, and less than 2 outs on a hard grounder to the third baseman. Konerko has no speed.

Guillen still has no clue how to manage a pitching staff.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
Everything I was gonna say has already been said. Let me just add this: the Twins are a better 'baseball' team than we are. Are we more talented? Without a doubt. Can we hit more HRs? Duh. Besides that, they're better than us in every single aspect of baseball. It's not even close.

I get pissed the most with what happens on 2 strikes.

A twins batter shortens their stroke up, and tries to make contact, hitting the ball back up the middle or to the opposite field. It has 3 effects, one it raises the pitch count. the more pitches a pitcher throws the more likley they are to make a mistake, and with the ball in plate it has a chance to be fair and for a hit.

A Whitesox player with 2 strikes, swing as hard as you can, turn lift and pull. If the ball isnt in your area, take it. Better to walk back to the dugout and prepare for your next homer.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
I get pissed the most with what happens on 2 strikes.

A twins batter shortens their stroke up, and tries to make contact, hitting the ball back up the middle or to the opposite field. It has 3 effects, one it raises the pitch count. the more pitches a pitcher throws the more likley they are to make a mistake, and with the ball in plate it has a chance to be fair and for a hit.

A Whitesox player with 2 strikes, swing as hard as you can, turn lift and pull. If the ball isnt in your area, take it. Better to walk back to the dugout and prepare for your next homer.

No argument here. I haven't liked our approach at the plate as much since the break. There's really nothing to like about this team outside of Dye and Garland.

Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe if these guys have to sit home after winning it all last year, they'll get hungry again and will it all next year.

Please ... wait til next year is for the Cub fans.

This will not be good in any way.

It's late august and we are in a pennant race.

There is nothing good about not getting it done, sneaking in the playoffs

and making some noise.

There are a lot of seasons teams are out of it in June.

Wait til next year is not a good mantra.

Scott Podsednik watch:

With the single, he'll keep his OBP at the magical .330 mark. Meanwhile, his batting average is below .260, and his slugging is at a stellar .365.

Ryan Sweeney, OTOH, went 2-for-4 with a walk; both hits were for doubles.

Better defensively? Check.

Potential to bring a spark to the team, if only because it'll show that mediocrity and piss poor production will not be tolerated? Check.

September 1st can't get here soon enough. I really hope Kenny and Ozzie make a real ballsy move like calling up BOTH Sweeney and Fields and platooning them. I know that would eff over Charlotte, but these two would represent a clear upgrade over Scotty Dergan.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Ryan Sweeney, OTOH, went 2-for-4 with a walk; both hits were for doubles.

Better defensively? Check.

Potential to bring a spark to the team, if only because it'll show that mediocrity and piss poor production will not be tolerated? Check.

Ryan Sweeney: .348 OBP, .448 SLG, .796 OPS

And that is in an extreme hitter's park. If he can't even manage to be an above average hitter in AAA in a hitter's park, what makes you think he is ready to do anything but fail in the majors? Sure, call him up, but don't play him unless it is mop-up time. Podsednik is beyond awful. Mack, Gload and Ozuna are all better in LF. And each would be better than the not-ready-for-the-majors Ryan Sweeney.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
I think they may overtake Detroit. They have a much better chance of doing that than the White Sox I'm afraid.

You can take this line to the bank, MN is going to win this gaddam division. Consider us 5 back of the WC behind Detroit right now...........