Sox fall to Twins again

shoota

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:30 AM)
Is he injured or what? Why can't anyone within the media answer the question, or management answer it?

Someone on this board mentioned Cooper citing McCarthy's "sore shoulder" as an excuse, but then why haven't there been any newspaper reports about it? Have I just missed them?

Well, when I don't throw for a few years, the next time I pitch, my shoulder is a little sore.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
Is he injured or what? Why can't anyone within the media answer the question, or management answer it?

Someone on this board mentioned Cooper citing McCarthy's "sore shoulder" as an excuse, but then why haven't there been any newspaper reports about it? Have I just missed them?

He pitched one inning last week. How the hell could he have a sore shoulder.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
Brian was the same guy.

Dave Wills was the man to miss. He at least would be critical once in a while.

I loved Wills, had many a beer with him when he was out for Miller promotions with us, but I don't think Brian was as bad as this clown. Its almost hilarious...if a caller even REMOTELY criticizes this team, he goes ballistic. Throwing around catch phrases like "lacks confidence" or "team chemistry", etc....

Its tiresome...

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
Respect? I don't need no stinking respect. :P

I think I said that comment to make me feel better about this weekend. I need this season to last as long as possible, because as soon as it's over, it's wedding planning time....YUCK!

So sorry. RIP, fathom. :D

Here is the Rongey duck and Cover.

Well tonight the sox fall to the twins 37 to nothing. The good news is that this is only one loss in the loss column. I have every confidence that tomorrow our pitchers will pitch better, because they have done it before in their careers. Lets take a caller, Matt from Lemont is on the phone, Hello Matt.

Matt: Hi uh Chris, Well I want to know where Freddys velocity went, he is throwing so slow....Rongey interupts...

Well Chris great question, I am sorry that you got disconnected, but if you call in again we will hook you up with 2 VIP tickets to Shoeless Joes sportsbar. Freddy Garcia, he has pitched well before in his career, and I think you take too much into his velocity. Maddux has 300 wins and never threw hard.

Alright next caller. Jim from Downers Grove hello Jim

Jim: I am a season ticket holder coming back from the game. I have never seen such a pathetic .....call goes dead.

Rongey: We seem to have lost Jim. Too bad. Maybe if he was using Skype phone service he would be okay. Skype is free and can make real calls. I use skype every day. Skype you can get it at skype.com.

Well thank you for your calls, and hopefully the whitesox will get back on track tomorrow. They face Johan Santana which wont make it easy. But I think they can do it, because they all have had hits before in their career. Maybe if they get a few hits, it will help their confidence a little and they will be better off for the strectch run.

No save of the game with the score being 35-0, but our drive of the game was Torii Hunter who hit 3 grand slams off of hard luck starter Freddy Garcia. The affilicates are done now and you in Chicago please hold on for more of the post game show with the PFB.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
Uhoh...hold the phone....

Schuster just informed us that Pods "just hasn't been coming through."

He must have just gotten the memo....

Thank god for this on the mark reporting.

Cotts has been struggling a bit will be his next levinesque moment.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
Uhoh...hold the phone....

Schuster just informed us that Pods "just hasn't been coming through."

He must have just gotten the memo....

If Pods isn't going to attempt to steal, he really shouldn't be playing professional baseball. Maybe Widger can get him on his softball team next summer.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)
If Pods isn't going to attempt to steal, he really shouldn't be playing professional baseball. Maybe Widger can get him on his softball team next summer.

Pods hasnt done a damn thing and starts pretty much unless a left is out there. Meanwhile our super defensive stuff centerfielder who has been hitting, is on a platoon gig. He only gets in if the starter has a left hand, or with 2 strikes because the pitcher has a left hand.

I bet you mack starts in CF on Sunday and Mr. Dergan is in LF on sunday also.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)

I WAS a huge fan/advocate of Pods' place on this team. To the point of defending him many times this year when I should not have. I am done now. I hate him and wish for him to go away, fast. I will even volunteer to help pack him and Lisa's apartment if it will expedite his departure. His poor approach at the plate (despite his lookie what I found single tonight), his lack of stealing/baserunning ability, and his PISS poor defense make me want to throw up on myself.

The sooner he goes away, along with fat Freddy, the better off things will be. He has no upside what-so-ever and has zero place on any big league roster.