Sox fall to Twins again

shoota

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:47 PM)
Wow Rongey is just making himself look more like a moron. "Its going to be tough to win tomorrow since we probably won't score more than 3 or 4 runs." "Ross Gload being sent and thrown out looked like it wasn't a bad decision at the time."

The Sox have won 5 games all year scoring 3 or less runs. Its also a cardinal rule of baseball not to make the 2nd out of an inning at home plate. I now believe the White Sox will get swept. The Twins seem more into it. They were much more emotional when they scored, and really appreciated the win. I think they may overtake Detroit. They have a much better chance of doing that than the White Sox I'm afraid.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
I WAS a huge fan/advocate of Pods' place on this team. To the point of defending him many times this year when I should not have. I am done now. I hate him and wish for him to go away, fast. I will even volunteer to help pack him and Lisa's apartment if it will expedite his departure. His poor approach at the plate (despite his lookie what I found single tonight), his lack of stealing/baserunning ability, and his PISS poor defense make me want to throw up on myself.

The sooner he goes away, along with fat Freddy, the better off things will be. He has no upside what-so-ever and has zero place on any big league roster.

Yes, but tell me about some of his BAD qualities.

Wow Rongey is just making himself look more like a moron. "Its going to be tough to win tomorrow since we probably won't score more than 3 or 4 runs." "Ross Gload being sent and thrown out looked like it wasn't a bad decision at the time."

rongeyweb.jpg

Confused!!!!!

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
I WAS a huge fan/advocate of Pods' place on this team. To the point of defending him many times this year when I should not have. I am done now. I hate him and wish for him to go away, fast. I will even volunteer to help pack him and Lisa's apartment if it will expedite his departure. His poor approach at the plate (despite his lookie what I found single tonight), his lack of stealing/baserunning ability, and his PISS poor defense make me want to throw up on myself.

The sooner he goes away, along with fat Freddy, the better off things will be. He has no upside what-so-ever and has zero place on any big league roster.

Tyner's double tonight fell about 20 ft. away from where Pods set up for him. He inexplicably was no where near the ball when it fell to the ground.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
The Sox have won 5 games all year scoring 3 or less runs. Its also a cardinal rule of baseball not to make the 2nd out of an inning at home plate. I now believe the White Sox will get swept. The Twins seem more into it. They were much more emotional when they scored, and really appreciated the win. I think they may overtake Detroit. They have a much better chance of doing that than the White Sox I'm afraid.

The Twins were definitley alive over there. Hunter really pissed me off acting like he just hit a walk off shot to win the WS.

It's really sad that when it matters, the Twins kick our ass year after year.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)
Yes, but tell me about some of his BAD qualities.

Worst part is, the people who sit a few seats down from my season seats have a daughter that is about 17 years old and screams CONSTANTLY about how "hot" he is.

Anyone believe opposing teams/fans make those assumptions towards our starting pitchers?

Tomorrow, they have to defeat Santana. I don't care how difficult it is. Make it happen. More than deciding the series and affecting wild-card position, defeating Santana (legitimately-- that means more than 2 runs and scraping it out) would be beneficial for our psyche entering the last series of the season. You know he'll be there, ready to face us.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)
Worst part is, the people who sit a few seats down from my season seats have a daughter that is about 17 years old and screams CONSTANTLY about how "hot" he is.

That alone would be enough to make me hate him even if he was playing like a Hall of Famer.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)
The Twins were definitley alive over there. Hunter really pissed me off acting like he just hit a walk off shot to win the WS.

It's really sad that when it matters, the Twins kick our ass year after year.

And their manager, like Leyland on Wednesday, treats the game like it's life or death. He saw Radke didn't have it, and he took him out early.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)
MY FAVORITE RONGEY LINE...

Eventually this team needs to beat someone like Johan, or Schilling, or Kazmir.

Uh...dumbass...we have beat Johan, raped Verlander a few times, and Roy Halladay.

Probably during the game, Rongey has the cubs game on so he can get a full game of his favorite team.

After the game someone gives him a few key things that happened in the game so he can sound like he watched it.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
And their manager, like Leyland on Wednesday, treats the game like it's life or death. He saw Radke didn't have it, and he took him out early.

The problem is, so did Ozzie, but the Sox lost. That's why this game is so bad.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
Probably during the game, Rongey has the cubs game on so he can get a full game of his favorite team.

After the game someone gives him a few key things that happened in the game so he can sound like he watched it.

I was seriously sitting in my car just f***ing pounding my head on the wheel at the retarded s*** he was saying.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
Anyone believe opposing teams/fans make those assumptions towards our starting pitchers?

Tomorrow, they have to defeat Santana. I don't care how difficult it is. Make it happen. More than deciding the series and affecting wild-card position, defeating Santana (legitimately-- that means more than 2 runs and scraping it out) would be beneficial for our psyche entering the last series of the season. You know he'll be there, ready to face us.

The problem Flash is how our Offense hits in the 2nd half year in and year out. At the point the temps heat up at Coors East, our guys stop hitting and start with a lift and pull thing going on. When we face a good pitcher who has a good changeup we are meat. We will go up there like blind robots swinging for the fences, trying to guess which one of the 2 pitches Santana will throw against us. Konerko didnt see a fastball last game and looked stupid swinging at changeups in the dirt.

Other teams put up some sort of offensive attack. There is no reason that he has an under 2 ERA against us in the last 2 years. Outside of us helping him with our attack. 2 strikes, swing for the fence K.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
I WAS a huge fan/advocate of Pods' place on this team. To the point of defending him many times this year when I should not have. I am done now. I hate him and wish for him to go away, fast. I will even volunteer to help pack him and Lisa's apartment if it will expedite his departure.

Your sad cover of an attempt to steal Lisa Dergen's panties fooled noone.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
The problem Flash is how our Offense hits in the 2nd half year in and year out. At the point the temps heat up at Coors East, our guys stop hitting and start with a lift and pull thing going on. When we face a good pitcher who has a good changeup we are meat. We will go up there like blind robots swinging for the fences, trying to guess which one of the 2 pitches Santana will throw against us. Konerko didnt see a fastball last game and looked stupid swinging at changeups in the dirt.

Other teams put up some sort of offensive attack. There is no reason that he has an under 2 ERA against us in the last 2 years. Outside of us helping him with our attack. 2 strikes, swing for the fence K.

Santana was hittable the last time the Sox faced him in Minnesota. I think he only k'd 5. Maybe it was due to a blister, and hopefully that hasn't healed, because if Santana is on tomorrow night, the Sox are going to have their work cut out for them not to be swept.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
:lolhitting :lolhitting

Worse, I could start thinking like Ozzie... :o

Ozzie must be in groundhog day. He thinks everyday is the first day at Tuscon, split squad game.

Lets start 70% of my starters today. Then lets get Cotts some work in the 6th. Cant use bmac he is throwing the B game over in Surprise.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
What really is a testiment to Minnesota's talent and determination is how they've continue winning WITHOUT Liriano. Without one of the best (perhaps the best) pitcher in baseball.

Amazing what a good manager can do for a team.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:57 AM)

Some of the guys who actually did damage against Santana were Ordonez and Rowand, and that's cause they would drive the ball to the opposite field against him.