Walker Has Got to Go!

soxfan72

Been lurking and watching closely all year. I must make a STAND!

Walker actually cashes a paycheck,,,, hard to believe. Sox hitters have been clueless for tooo long! Seen many little league coaches tune up his hitters way better than this loser! We got lucky with just enough last year. This guy has got to go!!!!!!

:chimp

QUOTE(soxfan72 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
Been lurking and watching closely all year. I must make a STAND!

Walker actually cashes a paycheck,,,, hard to believe. Sox hitters have been clueless for tooo long! Seen many little league coaches tune up his hitters way better than this loser! We got lucky with just enough last year. This guy has got to go!!!!!!

:chimp

This team is built around power, as was most of last year's team. The White Sox playing small ball is myth.

But on the flipside check out Minnestoa's 9th. There were 3 balls that weren't hit hard at all but due to a little luck of hitting where there not by contact hitters who try to put the ball in play as well as some speed from these guys, tehy were able to play small ball to squeeze out the winning run.

Bob

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
we are the #1 offensive team in the majors

Certainly no thanks to Walker. We fall behind in almost every important game.

Any stats master out there could tell us how many innings Sox have led vs. trailed this year?

What about one run games? How does the best hitting team in baseball keep coming up short? I'll tell you how. Hitting approach in key situations in key games. This year the Sox have been pathetic in key situations even though AJ, Crede & Die are having career years.

The hitting coach is supposed to help the rest of the guys keep up. It ain't gettin done!

QUOTE(soxfan72 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)
Certainly no thanks to Walker. We fall behind in almost every important game.

Any stats master out there could tell us how many innings Sox have led vs. trailed this year?

What about one run games? How does the best hitting team in baseball keep coming up short? I'll tell you how. Hitting approach in key situations in key games. This year the Sox have been pathetic in key situations even though AJ, Crede & Die are having career years.

The hitting coach is supposed to help the rest of the guys keep up. It ain't gettin done!

Back it up. Show me that the Sox are having a historically unclutch year.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
Back it up. Show me that the Sox are having a historically unclutch year.

Guess you didn't see Cintron watch that 3rd strike with Pods waiting on 2nd in the 9th?

With the best offense in baseball this team should be blowing the Twins in to the weeds. This team was built on hitting. Who have we blown away lately? Who have we blown away all year except for a young Tigers team????

Walker didn't make our good hitters good. They did it themselves with thier own hard work. It's Walker's job to come up with a team approach to beat guys like Santana. Still waiting and waiting while we fan away. Defend Walker all you want but that is what counts.

Santana is not JC as other teams do beat him occassionally. Tonight we had Radke with a 40% torn shoulder. We get the pen in the 3rd and only one more run the whole dam game. That sucks my friend.

I hope I'm wrong because if Sox hitters don't come up with something tomorrow night we are in deep sh__!!

That's just how I see Walker and that's a wrap.

QUOTE(soxfan72 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
Guess you didn't see Cintron watch that 3rd strike with Pods waiting on 2nd in the 9th?

With the best offense in baseball this team should be blowing the Twins in to the weeds. This team was built on hitting. Who have we blown away lately? Who have we blown away all year except for a young Tigers team????

Walker didn't make our good hitters good. They did it themselves with thier own hard work. It's Walker's job to come up with a team approach to beat guys like Santana. Still waiting and waiting while we fan away. Defend Walker all you want but that is what counts.

Santana is not JC as other teams do beat him occassionally. Tonight we had Radke with a 40% torn shoulder. We get the pen in the 3rd and only one more run the whole dam game. That sucks my friend.

I hope I'm wrong because if Sox hitters don't come up with something tomorrow night we are in deep sh__!!

That's just how I see Walker and that's a wrap.

So you know exactly how much the hitters contribute and how much the coach contributes? Do tell.

You cite ONE FRIGGIN AB as your evidence. Lo-f'n-l.

Today blew, and the offense has been bad lately. But, gee, somehow I can't look at our hitting, then our starters' eras, and conclude that Walker must be canned. We've f'n mashed this year. You just wanna see it that way, be my guest. But you want to convince others, have at least a scintilla of something to back up your opinion.

Santana is one of the best pitchers in recent history. But Walker's supposed to be the mad genius who beats him regularly. Get real.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
So you know exactly how much the hitters contribute and how much the coach contributes? Do tell.

You cite ONE FRIGGIN AB as your evidence. Lo-f'n-l.

Today blew, and the offense has been bad lately. But, gee, somehow I can't look at our hitting, then our starters' eras, and conclude that Walker must be canned. We've f'n mashed this year. You just wanna see it that way, be my guest. But you want to convince others, have at least a scintilla of something to back up your opinion.

Santana is one of the best pitchers in recent history. But Walker's supposed to be the mad genius who beats him regularly. Get real.

Santana. Be afraid.

Edited to say, no evidence? Here it is again:

"With the best offense in baseball this team should be blowing the Twins in to the weeds. This team was built on hitting. Who have we blown away lately? Who have we blown away all year except for a young Tigers team????"

I give up.

Edited by soxfan72

QUOTE(soxfan72 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
Santana. Be afraid.

Edited to say, no evidence? Here it is again:

"With the best offense in baseball this team should be blowing the Twins in to the weeds. This team was built on hitting. Who have we blown away lately? Who have we blown away all year except for a young Tigers team????"

I give up.

We've blown out Toronto, KC, and Detroit in August. If you expect 10-2 in every game, you can't watch much baseball. And I said, yeah, our offense hasn't been as good lately. We've also been blown out, because our pitching's been bad. So fire everyone?

You've got nothing, hang it up. Just cuz yer pissed doesn't mean it's important enough to start a new thread.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
We've blown out Toronto, KC, and Detroit in August. If you expect 10-2 in every game, you can't watch much baseball. And I said, yeah, our offense hasn't been as good lately. We've also been blown out, because our pitching's been bad. So fire everyone?

You've got nothing, hang it up. Just cuz yer pissed doesn't mean it's important enough to start a new thread.

Watching this site for years and coming on board to air out an opinion once in a blue moon. I know I have a piont because I hear the same thing about this guy from MANY others who are long time fans for many years. I put it out there to be discussed, not challenged by one sox nerd with 3,400 posts in 2 years. Good LORD.

Just cause you got a bazillion posts in two years and no other life to speak of don't mean s*** to me. Walker stinks and thats my opinion and screw you. Step on that. I'm outa here and never coming back.

Delete this hayes you bXXXh!

QUOTE(soxfan72 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:36 AM)
Watching this site for years and coming on board to air out an opinion once in a blue moon. I know I have a piont because I hear the same thing about this guy from MANY others who are long time fans for many years. I put it out there to be discussed, not challenged by one sox nerd with 3,400 posts in 2 years. Good LORD.

Just cause you got a bazillion posts in two years and no other life to speak of don't mean s*** to me. Walker stinks and thats my opinion and screw you. Step on that. I'm outa here and never coming back.

Delete this hayes you bXXXh!

Ah, you pull out the trump card. The I'm-leaving-forever-so-take-that post. Where have I seen that before?...

Oh, please don't, soxfan72, no no no no no no!!!!! What will I do without you?

Oh, wait -- I could just make my 4 posts per day and go ahead with the rest of my life. How 'bout that?

Now, I understand that, for some people, writing 4 short paragraphs would exhaust their mental capacity for the day. Unfortunately for those people, they usually aren't capable of zipping and unzipping their pants, so I'm betting I still have more fun than you.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:28 AM)
Got it, ha ha ha, so very very funny, enough already. From both accounts.

It's funny how we've seen a string of those type of posts. Why can't we just simply have one that says: White Sox, plz play better baseball. A lot of us take out our frustrations by venting on this board...and then there's a lot of people who take out their frustrations on those posters who are taking out their frustrations on this board.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:45 AM)
Ah, you pull out the trump card. The I'm-leaving-forever-so-take-that post. Where have I seen that before?...

Oh, please don't, soxfan72, no no no no no no!!!!! What will I do without you?

Oh, wait -- I could just make my 4 posts per day and go ahead with the rest of my life. How 'bout that?

Now, I understand that, for some people, writing 4 short paragraphs would exhaust their mental capacity for the day. Unfortunately for those people, they usually aren't capable of zipping and unzipping their pants, so I'm betting I still have more fun than you.

" you can't watch much baseball"

Sox games only: Try on at least 80 games a year for the last 5 years and at LEAST 130 per year since '05 and Sox fan since '70.

You are a troll.

Da Coach:

Gregory Lee Walker

9 Seasons

G: 855

AB: 2864

BA: .260

HR: 113

SO: 520

QUOTE(soxfan72 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:05 AM)
" you can't watch much baseball"

Sox games only: Try on at least 80 games a year for the last 5 years and at LEAST 130 per year since '05 and Sox fan since '70.

You are a troll.

Da Coach:

Gregory Lee Walker

9 Seasons

G: 855

AB: 2864

BA: .260

HR: 113

SO: 520

You're the one who said we should be blowing everyone out. How you can watch thousands of games and still believe that blows my mind. Unless we have twice the offense of the '26 Yankees, we're not gonna win by an average of 6 runs per game.

If you're suggesting Walker's player stats disqualify him as a coach, :lolhitting , I can't f'n WAIT till you get to Ozzie's.

Over the course of this year, we've hit great and pitched like spiff. Fire the hitting coach! Makes perfect sense.

Okay, I'm done. You made claims and backed them up with this -- our utility infielder took a called third strike in a key situation. You find me the team that never took a called third strike in an important situation in the whole season, and then I'll believe you.

That should be pretty easy for you, after all those games you've watched.

Ive had my fair share of bad things to say of Walker in years past but how can you be mad at him this season. We are the number 1 offense or number 2 regardless we are one of the top offenses in the game... We didnt lose this game because of our offense anyways we lost it with the bullpen.

I have no problem with Walker but yesterday I did. He said he blames the Sox pitchers for losses against Johan Santana. He said our pitchers can't let Minny score if we are to beat Santana. Shut up Walk and teach our players how to scratch out some kind of hits against this guy. It's like we conceed the loss to him.

The Sox are having their best offensive season in team history and doing it while breaking in a rookie CF who couldn't hit sour apples the first half of the season, and doing it while having a lead-off man in the line-up for no apparent reason. Walker is fine, and he isn't going anywhere. In fact, I think Ozzie Guillen will be long gone before Greg Walker isn't the White Sox hitting coach.