Pointless Facts

beautox

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 07:23 AM)
When geese fly in a "V" formation, there will always be one side of the "V" that is longer than the other. The reason for this is it has more geese.

:lolhitting

Wow! Thank you for enlightening me on this. For so many years I thought that the one side of the "V" was longer because the geese with the longer tails were instructed to stay together on one side by the "Head Goose!!" Thanks Tex! I'll defeinately sleep a lot better tonight. It gave me the reassurance that there are no "Cliques" is the goose family!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
Damn I didn't realize it was that much of a difference. Does anyone have any idea why this is the case. This is from a concerned lefty :)

I'm sure a major contribution is that most lefties are men, who have a shorter life span than women.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
According to the 1976 IRS Handbook, in the event of nuclear war, the essential functions of the Internal Revenue Service will be: assessing, collecting, and recording taxes.

Now, will they be assesing my houses value before or after it has been blown away by the nuke?

QUOTE(beautox @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
In 1943 during WWII The Stealers and Eagles merged and became known as the Steagles.

Pittsburgh's football team spells its name the "Steelers". They are not thieves, but in fact, play in a city nicknamed the "Steel City" due to the amount of steel it produces.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
Pittsburgh's football team spells its name the "Steelers". They are not thieves, but in fact, play in a city nicknamed the "Steel City" due to the amount of steel it produces.

The band Stealers' Wheel has nothing to do with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)
The band Stealers' Wheel has nothing to do with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Gerry Rafferty, of Baker Street fame, was a founding member of Stealers Wheel. There is no apostrophe in the band's name. I predict that later, Rex will edit my post to make everyone think I spelled it apostrophy.