**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:36 AM)
Our rotation is like the Nasty Boys and Brutus Beefcake. They're only in there because they're friends with the most powerful guy on the team.

Wow!! Well done...I still have a smile on my face.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
With all due respect to our subs, and I love em because they are Sox,

do we really expect to win with Ozuna, Alomar, Mack, Gload in the lineup?

I mean those are 4 hitters that any person outside of Chicago would laugh at.

I mean c'mon. That coupled with our pitching and this year's version

of Uribe, is there any reason to be surprised we're down 5-1?

Just shows Ozzie's lack of urgency. I doubt you'll find any other manager in the MLB that would start 4 back-ups in a crucial game in a playoff push.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
Just shows Ozzie's lack of urgency. I doubt you'll find any other manager in the MLB that would start 4 back-ups in a crucial game in a playoff push.

I'm so f***ing sick of the comments in the media that go like this: "This isn't a big series. No matter what, our season won't be decided when the series is over".

Nice pull approach that inning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
I'm so f***ing sick of the comments in the media that go like this: "This isn't a big series. No matter what, our season won't be decided when the series is over".

Nice pull approach that inning.

It sucks when it seems that the players don't care and we keep subjecting ourselves to watching them play.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:40 AM)
Never has a team given me such bad headaches before.

I think I'm gonna go get some DQ, but I wanna watch BMac pitch seeing as how I might not get, and haven't gotten many chances this year.

Lets just hope that the DQ manager doesn't put the janitor in charge of making the blizzards.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)

The Twins sure act like its a big series. Maybe thats why their kicking the Sox ass again. If the Sox continue to fall apart, it will be interesting to see what KW does with the roster. I don't think he'll make a lot of changes, but I think he will make a couple big moves.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:41 PM)
About the only good news is that we're still only 1.5 back and now it looks like the Twins won't have Liriano or Radke. One would think they can't possibly be this hot.

It's just such an embarassment how they've kicked our ass all over the place.

Is there a new update on Liriano having troubles? Because last I heard it was sounding more and more like he'll be back within a couple weeks.

Maybe bmac should change his last name to martinez, learn to speak spanish, and bump his level of play down a notch... then I thing ozzie would like him more.

Please don't play the race card.

This is baseball. Oz is better than that. My gosh.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
The Twins sure act like its a big series. Maybe thats why their kicking the Sox ass again. If the Sox continue to fall apart, it will be interesting to see what KW does with the roster. I don't think he'll make a lot of changes, but I think he will make a couple big moves.

Kenny Williams made big changes after winning a world series. I can only imagine what he'll try to do when a team that should win a 2nd one in a row fails to make the playoffs.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
Never has a team given me such bad headaches before.

I think I'm gonna go get some DQ, but I wanna watch BMac pitch seeing as how I might not get, and haven't gotten many chances this year.

Lets just hope the Bears don't dissapoint cause that would really suck. Two straight teams where I have high hopes only to get crushed.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
About the only good news is that we're still only 1.5 back and now it looks like the Twins won't have Liriano or Radke. One would think they can't possibly be this hot.

It's just such an embarassment how they've kicked our ass all over the place.

Amazing how this standard lowers every single time I see it.