**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozzie sounds like such an idiot when he says how the Twins were involved in the game, and the Sox weren't.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
I despise you.

Is that for Ozzie? Wow, I haven't seen you this mad at a Sox organizational member ever.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)
God I just adore having #55 on the mound right now. Even when he has a bad game I like seeing him out there, because you can see all the potential right in front of you.

It's like Prison Break. I love the show, but I know I can only see it once a week.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Ozzie sounds like such an idiot when he says how the Twins were involved in the game, and the Sox weren't.

Didn't Ozzie get and take all the credit for the Sox intensity last season? Why doesn't he get the blame when Hawk, who it takes things to be beyond obvious, to rip on anything White Sox related, says the Sox lack intensity?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
Didn't Ozzie get and take all the credit for the Sox intensity last season? Why doesn't he get the blame when Hawk, who it takes things to be beyond obvious, to rip on anything White Sox related, says the Sox lack intensity?

He got us a ring therefore receiving a free pass from tons of more casual fans.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:14 AM)

You're 100 pct correct.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
He got us a ring therefore receiving a free pass from tons of more casual fans.

Oh trust me, if we didn't win the World Series last year, Ozzie would need a lot of restraining orders against certain Sox fans this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
I'd say you should be careful about personal attacks.

It wasn't a personal attack but a hope that Ozzie would enter politics so he wouldn't manage the Sox any more.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
Possibly anyone but Konerko would've had a shot to beat that out......

Most guys would have caused him to throw the ball away by rushing the throw.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
It's rare. The Anderson/Brandon mess has sent me over the edge.

As well it should. :cheers

He's not putting this team in the best position to succeed. All you have to do is watch the way Leyland and Gardenhire handle their team.

QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
It wasn't a personal attack but a hope that Ozzie would enter politics so he wouldn't manage the Sox any more.

How's Christine O'Reilly handling things?

Crede swinging for the fences.

At some point we need someone in the minors to teach someone how to have a line drive swing.

I suggest we find out every minor league instructor for the twins, and double their salary. Because we have two things in our system. Long looping swings that look like softball hitters, and pitchers who nibble.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:17 PM)
As well it should. :cheers

He's not putting this team in the best position to succeed. All you have to do is watch the way Leyland and Gardenhire handle their team.

How's Christine O'Reilly handling things?

Ozzie's managing style this year can be summed up quite well as Putting people in the best position for them to fail.