**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
For a guy who needs to be stretched out, McCarthy lasted longer than Contreras.

For a guy who isn't Cy F***ing Young or whatever ozzie said he wasn't...he's outdueled Santana while he's been in there.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:27 AM)
And Brandon just completed 5 1/3 innings. Anybody believe he's starting for Vazquez next week?

Sadly, Vazquez is our 2nd best starter right now, as long as he's kept to 5 innings. I wonder if we'll see Contreras go on the DL.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
Right on! Castillio, Tyner, Punto all look to put pitches outside of the zone into play. Anything down the middle and they either fly out or ground out harmlessly. Sox gotta attack their punch-n-judy hitters down the middle and nibble the corners on the Twin power hitters.

And Brandon just completed 5 1/3 innings. Anybody believe he's starting for Vazquez next week?

No because our manager still thinks he sucks.

Pinella would be an interesting replacement for Ozzie. He at least would know to pull a pitcher.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
No because our manager still thinks he sucks.

Pinella would be an interesting replacement for Ozzie. He at least would know to pull a pitcher.

Pinella is overrated. I would love to see Steve Stone be our next manager.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
INSTANT OFFENSE!

FOR THE TWINS

QUOTE(jamalmanburg @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
now its mackowiak's time to shine...

Or K stupidly.

Thank God Anderson is watching from the safety of the bench. Johan is scary. He scared the crap out of Ozzie, he has our hitting coach petrified, and some of our guys think we can barely hit him.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
While it is nice to pretend we may get a new manager, it is depressing to think that he is likely going no w here for a few more years.

And the division is only going to get tougher.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:31 AM)
I love Sweet Lou. He's very intense. I loved him ever since he wrestled Dibble and told him he wasn't a man.

Hawk would have a 9 inning erection every game if Lou was the manager.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
Too bad Ozzie didn't bring him in for the 6th last night. The Sox may have won.

I still have no idea why we didn't see Brandon warming up in the 5th last night. Knowing how Vazquez has had the tendency to flop in the 6th the last 7 starts with the exception of the Toronto game, I dunno why you don't prepare accordingly.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
I still have no idea why we didn't see Brandon warming up in the 5th last night. Knowing how Vazquez has had the tendency to flop in the 6th the last 7 starts with the exception of the Toronto game, I dunno why you don't prepare accordingly.

The magic 8 ball didnt answer correctly.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:32 PM)
And the division is only going to get tougher.

Hawk would have a 9 inning erection every game if Lou was the manager.

Yeah, but it's also hard to believe that we could play worse than we've played this year with a roster like we have.

Seriously, this division is going to be Hell on earth for the next 4-5 years. Especially if Sweeney can turn into something good for us. Anderson already is, McCarthy already is, we need 1-2 more pieces and it's going to be a 3-4 way dogfight every year.