**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Good AB by Iguchi. I love how he keeps playing vs LHP, and only sits vs RHP.

Is it too much to ask for Mackowiak/Gload or Ozuna/Gload as our 1-2 hitters?

Yes, Ozzie is a f***ing retard when it comes to logical thinking.

He's the equivolent of Bobby Jenks of managing.

Nice f***ing approach by Gooch. Take 2 strikes down the cock. Then swing at s*** coming in low and in.

This is what our guys have got to figure out. The fastball down the cock belt high might happen once a game. You are going to get fed one or 2 fastballs, then changes in the dirt. Look change, or think right field. Swinging at change after change after change like someone is throwing you a fastball makes you look like a f***ing 12 year old in the little league seeing a rolling curveball for the first time. Adjust guys, try and shorten your swing, take the ball up the middle or maybe oppo. You do not need to swing for the Dan Ryan on every single f***ing pitch.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
Yeah, but it's also hard to believe that we could play worse than we've played this year with a roster like we have.

Seriously, this division is going to be Hell on earth for the next 4-5 years. Especially if Sweeney can turn into something good for us. Anderson already is, McCarthy already is, we need 1-2 more pieces and it's going to be a 3-4 way dogfight every year.

I predict the Tigers pitching falls down to earth next year. The Indians will be better, and the Twins will always be tough. I really don't like the long-term financial commitment the Sox have to their rotation. I hope at least 2 and hopefully 3 are sent packing this winter. Maybe sign a free agent or 2, and get some top prospects since even mediocre pitching is in demand. The Sox could set themselves up for several years if they make the right moves.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:37 AM)
I predict the Tigers pitching falls down to earth next year. The Indians will be better, and the Twins will always be tough. I really don't like the long-term financial commitment the Sox have to their rotation. I hope at least 2 and hopefully 3 are sent packing this winter. Maybe sign a free agent or 2, and get some top prospects since even mediocre pitching is in demand. The Sox could set themselves up for several years if they make the right moves.

I think the Tigers will spend a lot of money though in the offseason. Also, they have some real good young pitching prospects. Also, Kenny Rogers could be 50, and we still can't beat him. We're going to have some issues in the division as long as we can't beat C.C., Johan, Liriano, Bernero :P and Rogers.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)

The real key for the White Sox is that in 2 years, we can really expect significant chunks of our team to be damn affordable.

Our bullpen is very, very young, and there are still quality pieces on the way up in guys like Logan and Tracy who might be able to contribute next year.

We have at least 1, if not a couple of very good young starting pitchers, one of whom is destroying the Twins right now.

We have the pieces to put together one of the 2-3 best young outfields in baseball.

Our starting rotation and infield will be expensive. But we also have a lot of youth that we've worked in already, and we have a couple vets who we may be able to move for more youth this offseason. If we can get guys like Sweeney and either Owens or Fields to come up and produce someday in the outfield, and find 1 or 2 more bullpen pieces, then we'll have a really well assembled young team.