**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:39 AM)
Wait till the pink fuzzy bunny Chris Rongey spins this pile of dung tonight. I cant wait for the show. Lets see if I can make it past the screener tonight.

I'll save you the time:

- Contreras just needs to get his confidence back. You don't win 17 straight games without confidence.

- Ozzie played a hunch, and put Mackowiak in CF. Ozzie has sheltered Anderson from good pitchers all season, and he's just trying to keep Anderson's confidence up.

- You can't put McCarthy into the rotation, because if he struggles, then his confidence will go down.

He's not Cy--

Okay, I know you guys would probably want to strangle me if I said that joke again.

But yeah... nice job, BMac. Pretty much what I asked for has happened. Five plus innings of pretty dominant pitching.

The pressure is on you, now, Ozzie. B-Mac should be starting sometime next week. Six man rotation? More rest for everybody, except Garland, who needs to be pitching every fifth day, if not every other day.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
Wait till the pink fuzzy bunny Chris Rongey spins this pile of dung tonight. I cant wait for the show. Lets see if I can make it past the screener tonight.

I can't wait. Every time someone calls in and suggests BMac start, he throws the notion to the dogs. Time to sweat Chris...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
I got dumped by the screener because I couldnt control myself.

:lol: :lol:

At least tonight's death has been known for a while now, so we should be cooled down by after the game.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:43 AM)
The tying run always comes to the plate. I'd love to see Thome put one on the board to tie it up.

I can't believe Ozzie said he was out of the game last night. Even if he's in a wheelchair, you don't show your cards like that. The threat of him on the bench could impact the way Gardenhire manages.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:45 AM)
I love it when we strike out with crap bounced in the dirt. Take a large long cut on every pitch, dont cheat yourself.

The twins hitter would of slapped a 2 strike pitch into play.

We wouldn't have thrown a slider in that situation.