**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
You know whats irrational. Watching our pitching over the first 3/4s of a season and then stating remarks like this. I would say that the Tigers feel better about their playoff chances than the 3rd place whitesox. What besides your gut feel and whitesox hat tells you that the crappy pitching over the first 3/4 of a season is an illusion, and our team is just going to flip a switch and poof they will make it. I base my feelings on watching the whitesox over the course of a lifetime, not just reviewing the Comcast WS video from last year. Just because Freddy Garcia stood on the mound in last years game in a 1-0 win, doesnt mean that 88 mph Freddy is the same guy. Contreras is a shadow of last years guy. Politte is gone, Hermy is not here. Eject the DVD and move back into reality with the rest of us.

If they win great, however to expect them to win against a guy who has owned them like no other closer has owned them is wishful thinking at best. It defies logic.

I don't expect them to win tonight

I don't expect them to win tomorrow

This does not affect my perception of their playoff chances

I do not believe that Boof Bonser, Carlos Silva and a 1-armed Brad Radke are noticably more effective than any of our three starters over the long haul. Sorry.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
Anyone else notice Pods not running hard through the base? Go back to the Frontier League Scott.

He didn't run hard out of the box, then when he saw Castillo make the play he turned it on. For a guy who hasn't been that great of a player, he sure does big league a lot.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)

I do not believe that Boof Bonser, Carlos Silva and a 1-armed Brad Radke are noticably more effective than any of our three starters over the long haul. Sorry.

They already have been.

then you my friend live in fantasy land

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)

Check the twins team ERA and then take a glance at ours.