**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
Good. I hope Ozzie learns. Garbage.

He had 3/4's of a season to learn. The guy's just a dumbass. I hate to be overly harsh but I get sick of getting beat because we have a corner outfielder playing center a few times a week. Its a f***ing joke and I wish someone in the media would stop kissing ozzie's ass and start asking him the right questions.

I really don't want to hate Mack because of this either. I love the effort he puts out there, but you can't fault him that Ozzie continually plays him out there. If Rob was hitting .250, we likely wouldn't ahve this problem.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)
It's times like these I wish I could be a reporter at Ozzies post game press conference and ask what the f*** he is thinking.

2-0, f*** this team

That's funny, but I was just thinking how I wish a reporter really questioned Ozzie in the postgame, and tried to sucker him into snapping again.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
Rondell White looks silly on two two-seam fastballs from Contreras. So what do you throw to get him out? Slider.

Heh. Great forkball, Jose.

Don't forget that Tyner is a slap hitter, so he's going to stay back on the offspeed pitch well. Sandy is just an absolute joke back there. It's no wonder the Dodgers started doing so much better once they stopped playing him.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
I really don't want to hate Mack because of this either. I love the effort he puts out there, but you can't fault him that Ozzie continually plays him out there. If Rob was hitting .250, we likely wouldn't ahve this problem.

For about 2-3 months, I was the same way, trying not to blame Mack for this mess. But I've been hoping for a Mackowiak injury for about a month now. Seriously. We would win more games if Mackowiak went on the DL right now.

What the f*** has happened to our pitchers. Seriously. Remember when Jose was like 9-0, or when he had a kickass ERA of about 2.0? And he was totally for sure the Cy Young? Now, he hangs nearly every breaking pitch, has an ERA climbing every inning, and nothing to speak of in terms of being good. YAY!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
Contreras is just brutal now.

Well thats been obvious for the past few months. I've been laughing at anyone that still considers him an ace. He's fallen far too in love with all those arm angles and has gone completely away from his fork ball.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
Well thats been obvious for the past few months. I've been laughing at anyone that still considers him an ace. He's fallen far too in love with all those arm angles and has gone completely away from his fork ball.

What's Don Cooper getting paid for this season?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Don't forget that Tyner is a slap hitter, so he's going to stay back on the offspeed pitch well. Sandy is just an absolute joke back there. It's no wonder the Dodgers started doing so much better once they stopped playing him.

Ok, now I think that one's just not fair. The reason the Dodgers started doing so much better when they changed catchers was that they brought up Russel Martin and dumped that POS Dioner Navarro. They instantly got hot when they put Martin behind the plate in May.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)

Whoah, dont' think I'm hating on Mack. Its not his fault the manager continues to put him in a spot where he's destined to fail. Its no different than running Freddy out as a CFer (the guys a pitcher, not an outfielder or in mack's case the guys a corner outfielder not a CFer).

Oh and I'd have no problem if Mack started in CF once every 2 weeks as a way to keep Brian fresh or every once in a great while when Mack has sick career numbers against some guy (of course i'd prefer it if when he had those numbers we put him in LF for Pods).