**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
For about 2-3 months, I was the same way, trying not to blame Mack for this mess. But I've been hoping for a Mackowiak injury for about a month now. Seriously. We would win more games if Mackowiak went on the DL right now.

With our luck, Pods would be a new platoon guy in CF with Jerry Owens up. :P

If you've ever had a hankering for a Ozuna/Owens-Pods-Gload outfield, Ozzie is the man to pull it off.

And another out in CF drops.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:55 PM)
Ok, now I think that one's just not fair. The reason the Dodgers started doing so much better when they changed catchers was that they brought up Russel Martin and dumped that POS Dioner Navarro. They instantly got hot when they put Martin behind the plate in May.

Fair enough

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
Why do we suddenly stink? Minnie must love kicking our ass so much.

This is on KW, not Ozzie. He's the one who signed Mack and counted on BA and his spiffy

.220 batting average instead of Rowand.

We've been a bad baseball team since the Boston series started prior to the ASB. Some absolutely awful fundamental baseball, terrible pitching, and the worst managing in baseball.

We all should just say we are out and maybe the Sox will prove us wrong.

This brand of baseball has been so s***ty.

It all started about the time Oz named Mark B an all star.

That's about the moment the hex hit.

We suck.

I just got to say, for good analysis all you have to do is check out every episode of Soxtalk on the Air because I have consistently been accurate on this team almost all season.

It sucks too cause I wish I would have been wrong. Ozzie will inevitably be back next year and all we can do is hope that Kenny finds a way to get some more pitching that will be so good that it will once again be capable of overcoming Ozzie's idiotness.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)

This is on KW, not Ozzie. He's the one who signed Mack and counted on BA and his spiffy

Guh? KW does not put Mack in the lineup everyday. That's Ozzie's fault. I don't know why KW doesn't tell him to stop, but I don't blame KW for getting a great utility player and improving the bench.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)

There has been maybe twice in the past few weeks were we get ahead of Minnesota by 2-3 games in the Wild Card and a couple of days later they're right on our tracks again. If we get swept by Minnesota AGAIN I don't think we can close the gap of 2.5 games.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
It sucks too cause I wish I would have been wrong. Ozzie will inevitably be back next year and all we can do is hope that Kenny finds a way to get some more pitching that will be so good that it will once again be capable of overcoming Ozzie's idiotness.

We already have more pitching. It's sitting down on the bench in the bullpen, wearing #55 IIRC.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
I just got to say, for good analysis all you have to do is check out every episode of Soxtalk on the Air because I have consistently been accurate on this team almost all season.

This was about the time last year where you and I started saying that all we have to do is make the playoffs, and then all the pressure will be off. I'm a born pessimist, but I just don't have that feeling with this year. This team has no chemistry, and the players just don't seem to care.