And that's a white sox loser

Balta1701

QUOTE(premo @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:03 AM)
I hate that a baseball game can ruin the rest of the night for me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Every game someone lets us down. Today, our offense played their asses off, but our pitching crapped their pants in tough situations. With the exception of Garland, our starting pitching is a fukkin trainwreck.

Yeah, it seemed about a week ago that the pen was really coming together, and now nobody except Bobby can hold an opponent down.

And games like this ruin my night too. I hate it,

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
Rongey says he is a fan, and he gets frustrated. Bulls***. You are a paid cheerleader. Your job description is to spin poop into something that the fans can injest, and then tell them its Fillet Mignon. And then act shocked that they still think its poop.

Lol, preach on.

QUOTE(premo @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:05 AM)
And another thing, I hate Tori Hunter more than any other player in baseball. I'd like to see Buehrle hit him in the mouth tommorrow.

I have so much admiration for the heart and hustle Hunter is playing with right now. You can tell he's nowhere near 100 pct out there, but he's the most intense guy on the field and in the dugout.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
I have so much admiration for the heart and hustle Hunter is playing with right now. You can tell he's nowhere near 100 pct out there, but he's the most intense guy on the field and in the dugout.

Watching those jackasses doing their chest bump crap on your mound cant be good for the team.

Shuster, the sox arent down, they played in a great baseball team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)

One of the main reasons I hate him. Most of our team is playing like we're either 15 games up or 15 games out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)

That's the difference between wanting to win and playing to win. The Sox want to win, but they don't want to put in the full effort to win. They blame umpires and whatever else to justify losing it seems. Meanwhile there are the Twins, hustling out every play and forcing the game instead of waiting for the game to come to them.

QUOTE(premo @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
And another thing, I hate Tori Hunter more than any other player in baseball. I'd like to see Buehrle hit him in the mouth tommorrow.

Why? Because Torii Hunter is a winner? Those are the kind of players I wish were on the Sox.

The Sox gave it their all tonight, but it wasn't quite enough. The Sox were defeated by a better team. The Twins play a better brand of baseball, have a better manager and do what it takes to win games. Doesn't mean the Sox aren't good, just that the Twins are better.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:11 AM)
That's the difference between wanting to win and playing to win. The Sox want to win, but they don't want to put in the full effort to win. They blame umpires and whatever else to justify losing it seems. Meanwhile there are the Twins, hustling out every play and forcing the game instead of waiting for the game to come to them.

Before our series last weekend at the Dome, I knew we were in trouble once I heard that Hunter told the media that he was nervous that the Twins would be too "amped" up for the game. Meanwhile, Buehrle and PK continue to go with the "just another game" approach.

And the final moron to call in. Is your super spin artist. The final touch on your fanboy show.

If the worst thing that happens to us whitesox fans is that you lose some games tonight, you could be one of the fighting men overseas. Oh brother. Sure I guess sitting through tonights game was better than say 3 hours of physical torture, or breaking a leg, or running over my foot. But then again, I sat a home watched the game, and thought it sucked how it ended.

Then he thinks that Contreras can turn it around. He bases this on, whatever.

The ship can turn around, its not the end of the world. We have tunnel vision.

This guy is a douche. Enjoy mediocrity is his answer.

The fat lady hasnt sung yet. I will leave that one alone.

And of course Rongey pulls it out, spanks it a bit, then gives him a Triple threats sports card.

Alright, I just got home, having been totally out of the game loop where I was. I come home, and the first highlight I see is a ball hitting the warning track in centerfield, about 2 feet over Mackowiak's head, and bouncing into the stands.

Someone please tell me that Mackowiak conclusively blew 4 or 5 plays tonight, so this loss has some worth: that is, that I will never have to watch this guy out there again.

Then again, I suppose that should be clear to Terry Bevington by now, and yet Ozzie insists that all is well with El Macko in centerfied.

Okay, so -- at the risk of repeating -- did he screw up out there?

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
Alright, I just got home, having been totally out of the game loop where I was. I come home, and the first highlight I see is a ball hitting the warning track in centerfield, about 2 feet over Mackowiak's head, and bouncing into the stands.

Someone please tell me that Mackowiak conclusively blew 4 or 5 plays tonight, so this loss has some worth: that is, that I will never have to watch this guy out there again.

Then again, I suppose that should be clear to Terry Bevington by now, and yet Ozzie insists that all is well with El Macko in centerfied.

Okay, so -- at the risk of repeating -- did he screw up out there?

Well Anderson was put in later in the game, there was a rocket hit to the center field fence. He strolled back, and caught it at the top of the wall.

Mack = butcher in CF

Rongey is the worst kind of tool..... the kind that will try to put frosting on a turd and tell you it's Devil's Food cake.

Considering I only hear Rongey when I'm driving during work, the day he says something remotely negative about the Sox WITHOUT qualifying it with 10 positives before/after the negative, I'll probably drive off the road.

Typical Rongeyism: "Sure the Sox lost a heartbreaker tonight, and yes, they're still 5.5 games out of 1st and now 1.5 games out for the WC, but it could be worse. The Sox could be in the Philadelphia Phillies position." WTF does that have to do with the White Sox?

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:32 AM)
Typical Rongeyism: "Sure the Sox lost a heartbreaker tonight, and yes, they're still 5.5 games out of 1st and now 1.5 games out for the WC, but it could be worse. The Sox could be in the Philadelphia Phillies position." WTF does that have to do with the White Sox?

Did he really say this?

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)

Not only does that make 0 f***ing sense, and have nothing to do with anything, BUT...both teams are 1.5 out...

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
Rongey is the worst kind of tool..... the kind that will try to put frosting on a turd and tell you it's Devil's Food cake.

Considering I only hear Rongey when I'm driving during work, the day he says something remotely negative about the Sox WITHOUT qualifying it with 10 positives before/after the negative, I'll probably drive off the road.

He must practice Tai Chi. Misdirection.

The poop right in front of you doesnt stink as bad as your neighbors poop, Now that is stinky poop, thank god you dont have that poop.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
He must practice Tai Chi. Misdirection.

The poop right in front of you doesnt stink as bad as your neighbors poop, Now that is stinky poop, thank god you dont have that poop.

Not only that, but your poop will probably even smell better tomorrow. So don't worry so much about it.

Rotoworld take on the Count.

Jose Contreras was pulled after 2 2/3 innings having allowed five runs Saturday in a no-decision versus the Twins.

We have to take issue with manager Ozzie Guillen's decision to play Rob Mackowiak in center field tonight. Left-handed hitters have hit Johan Santana better than right-handers this season, but Mackowiak hardly ever gets to face lefties and he's a big defensive downgrade from Brian Anderson. While Contreras was in the game, there were two balls hit over Mackowiak's head that Anderson might have had plays on. Contreras wasn't going to outpitch Johan Santana either way, but he could have lasted longer with better defense tonight.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
Bmac went 5.1 innings and gave up only one run. He obviously isnt stretched out enough to start. And is bad according to our manager.

Yeah, but he gave up a home run to Hunter, right? See, it was right to bring in Cotts and Riske last night. Whew. For about a day there, I thought Ozzie had lost his touch with the pitching staff.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
Rotoworld take on the Count.

Jose Contreras was pulled after 2 2/3 innings having allowed five runs Saturday in a no-decision versus the Twins.

We have to take issue with manager Ozzie Guillen's decision to play Rob Mackowiak in center field tonight. Left-handed hitters have hit Johan Santana better than right-handers this season, but Mackowiak hardly ever gets to face lefties and he's a big defensive downgrade from Brian Anderson. While Contreras was in the game, there were two balls hit over Mackowiak's head that Anderson might have had plays on. Contreras wasn't going to outpitch Johan Santana either way, but he could have lasted longer with better defense tonight.

Rotoworld is written by Terry Bevington, right? I'd say Ozzie's late to the party.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
Yeah, but he gave up a home run to Hunter, right? See, it was right to bring in Cotts and Riske last night. Whew. For about a day there, I thought Ozzie had lost his touch with the pitching staff.

Dont worry, Bmac will pitch again around the 8th of September. His pitching staff is fine, bmac sucks and should be inserted over his vet staff.

And Mack will play only when a right pitches, or when a tough lefty that Brian may have a problem with.

Oh and we played the shuffle game with Owens in AAA. We called him up and put him on the DL so we could save him for the playoffs and make him playoff eligible. What in the name of all that is holy did he do to say he could hit major league pitching. He is hitting .264 in AAA. But I forget he is fast. So that means our manager is in love with him. I would bring up Sweeney who doesnt have a long looping swing, and has a good arm and plays good D. but he isnt a juan pierre puss arm type, so he need not apply.