And that's a white sox loser

Balta1701

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:47 PM)
Like Neal Cotts?

Odd that our crappiest reliever is option A out of the pen. Usually you dont go to your reliever with the 8 era in August when the game is on the line and you face Johan the next day. But hey, the magic 8 ball sometimes answers wrong.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you all know what's best about tomorrows game?

Mark Buehrle is the pitcher responsible for avoiding a sweed, avoiding a 2/12 game deficit in the Wild Card, and avoiding an EMBARRASING three game sweep at home during a crucial stretch of baseball. Knowing how these games have progressed, I'm sre a loss will occur in the most excruciating way possible.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:55 PM)
And you all know what's best about tomorrows game?

Mark Buehrle is the pitcher responsible for avoiding a sweed, avoiding a 2/12 game deficit in the Wild Card, and avoiding an EMBARRASING three game sweep at home during a crucial stretch of baseball. Knowing how these games have progressed, I'm sre a loss will occur in the most excruciating way possible.

Who knows? Maybe the Tigers are in free-fall.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
Who knows? Maybe the Tigers are in free-fall.

I know. I'm grasping.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
Rotoworld take on the Count.

Jose Contreras was pulled after 2 2/3 innings having allowed five runs Saturday in a no-decision versus the Twins.

We have to take issue with manager Ozzie Guillen's decision to play Rob Mackowiak in center field tonight. Left-handed hitters have hit Johan Santana better than right-handers this season, but Mackowiak hardly ever gets to face lefties and he's a big defensive downgrade from Brian Anderson. While Contreras was in the game, there were two balls hit over Mackowiak's head that Anderson might have had plays on. Contreras wasn't going to outpitch Johan Santana either way, but he could have lasted longer with better defense tonight.

I just got home from the game tonight. I have to say, when I saw the lineup, I almost puked on myself.

What made it even more entertaining was watching Mack look like a deer in headlights on those two fly balls that Anderson WOULD HAVE caught.

It was almost as if Oz was conceding defeat tonight. As much as I am sure this has been discussed thus far, despite JD's late inning heroics, this game was a giant pile of s***.

I just paid for my post season tickets yesterday, right now, I am near regret......

I will head there tomorrow, with the hope that maybe, just maybe we can field a major league team against these guys, because again, despite what happened tonight, if Mack is not in center we don't lose this game....

hey, twins fan here and dont want to pile on but want to anwser the radke ? he had a cortizone shot today in hopes to ease the pain from his torn labrum. this is his 2nd cortizone shot of the year and he pitched very good after his last one. there is no concern about radkes arm because this is his last season. gardenhire yanked him yesterday because he just didnt have it not becasue he was more hurt.

Anybody whoever played baseball knows that defense wins games. Ozzie is a F*****G idiot. Why would you start a guy in centerfield, who is a corner outfielder, who said he isn't comfortable in center. I'll tell you why, Cause Ozzie is an a*****e, that's why. He wants everyone to think he is smarter than he actually is. Let me tell you all something. I am drunk right now, but last year, we could have had F*****G Bevington manage this team and we would have won the world series. We caught every break, and Guillien didn't have to make any decisioins because all our starter went 9 innings. He acts like he made so many decisions, he didn't do S**t. He sat there and watched oue pitchers pitch complete game after complete game. We won in spite of him. This year we will lose because of him. Ozzie is a complete moron. here is what I would have done, and I don't care if anyone agrees with me. I would have had mackowiak in left leading off. Iguchi batting second playing 2nd base. Dye batting 3rd in right. Konerko hitting DH 4th. Gload at first 5th. Crede at third batting 6th. Uribe at short hitting 7th. Andersonin center batting 8th and AJ catching batting ninth. You wanna know hy, cause it gives Santana a differnt look. The guy loves when you stack a lineup with nothing but right handed hitters. Ozzie is the reason we lost the game yesterday and today!! All of the people who love OZZIE are dumb. I would rather have Jim Leyland managing this team. Ozzie is a complete moron who doesn't know anything about managing a baseball team. Let him go back to velenzuela and sell F*****g oil with Hugo F*****G Chavez. He's stupid and don't know what he is doing when it comes to managing a big league club. KW is another idiot for hiring him. KW was a terrible player, what does he know about Managing a club. Bring back Ron Schueler. I know people are gonna say, OH but we won a World series. BIG F******G DEAL. With the talent we had we should have won more that just one. Like I said earlier, a blind man could have led us to a WORLD SERIES last year, we got every break, that;s why we won. Tjis year we won't win S**t because of our manager. He is a complete idiot, and we are gonna go from a team that won the world series to a team that finishes in 3rd place. What a disgrace. OZZIE has got to go. I just don't understand why you start Mackowiak in center. I'll tell you why!!! OZZIE is a F*****G stupid F**K. That's why. He shouldn't be managing a F*****G Dairy Queen let alone a Major league team. He is a joke and the whole SOX orginization is a joke. We go from winning a WORLD SERIES to not even making the playoffs. Can anyone say CUBBIES!!!

Ozzie is a complete moron who doesn't know anything about managing a baseball team. Let him go back to velenzuela and sell F*****g oil with Hugo F*****G Chavez. He's stupid and don't know what he is doing when it comes to managing a big league club.

Please ban this racist.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
It's amazing and i never thought i'd say it but he's surpassed hawk harrelson as the biggest kiss ass turn a blind eye to the white sox employee :hawk:

Lay off of Hawk. He's been right on the money with his comments on this team all year. He's called out just about everybody on this team that deserves to be called out.

I heard on the radio that we're 19-25 since we were a season high 27 games over .500. So it would be easy to say our struggles started that last series with Boston before the break. In reality, our struggles started well before that. Even when we were winning, we weren't playing good baseball. We were just out-slugging everybody (mainly NL rejects). We were pulling games out our asses left and right. Yeah, that was all fine and dandy at the time. But the warning signs were most certainly there. It's the Jerry Manuel era all over again.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:04 AM)
Anybody whoever played baseball knows that defense wins games. Ozzie is a F*****G idiot. Why would you start a guy in centerfield, who is a corner outfielder, who said he isn't comfortable in center. I'll tell you why, Cause Ozzie is an a*****e, that's why. He wants everyone to think he is smarter than he actually is. Let me tell you all something. I am drunk right now, but last year, we could have had F*****G Bevington manage this team and we would have won the world series. We caught every break, and Guillien didn't have to make any decisioins because all our starter went 9 innings. He acts like he made so many decisions, he didn't do S**t. He sat there and watched oue pitchers pitch complete game after complete game. We won in spite of him. This year we will lose because of him. Ozzie is a complete moron. here is what I would have done, and I don't care if anyone agrees with me. I would have had mackowiak in left leading off. Iguchi batting second playing 2nd base. Dye batting 3rd in right. Konerko hitting DH 4th. Gload at first 5th. Crede at third batting 6th. Uribe at short hitting 7th. Andersonin center batting 8th and AJ catching batting ninth. You wanna know hy, cause it gives Santana a differnt look. The guy loves when you stack a lineup with nothing but right handed hitters. Ozzie is the reason we lost the game yesterday and today!! All of the people who love OZZIE are dumb. I would rather have Jim Leyland managing this team. Ozzie is a complete moron who doesn't know anything about managing a baseball team. Let him go back to velenzuela and sell F*****g oil with Hugo F*****G Chavez. He's stupid and don't know what he is doing when it comes to managing a big league club. KW is another idiot for hiring him. KW was a terrible player, what does he know about Managing a club. Bring back Ron Schueler. I know people are gonna say, OH but we won a World series. BIG F******G DEAL. With the talent we had we should have won more that just one. Like I said earlier, a blind man could have led us to a WORLD SERIES last year, we got every break, that;s why we won. Tjis year we won't win S**t because of our manager. He is a complete idiot, and we are gonna go from a team that won the world series to a team that finishes in 3rd place. What a disgrace. OZZIE has got to go. I just don't understand why you start Mackowiak in center. I'll tell you why!!! OZZIE is a F*****G stupid F**K. That's why. He shouldn't be managing a F*****G Dairy Queen let alone a Major league team. He is a joke and the whole SOX orginization is a joke. We go from winning a WORLD SERIES to not even making the playoffs. Can anyone say CUBBIES!!!

Fitting sig, btw. :D

Although, if this is you feeling good...

Some overreaction, but drunk is drunk, no big deal. But even drunk, you're not allowed to get the facts wrong. We can't be like the cubbies because we WON the f'n WORLD SERIES. No goddam comparison.

Having said that, I wish you a pleasant sleep. :cheers

But yours is rootbeer.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:04 AM)

What a pleasant addition to our little community.

I really, really, really wish someone would just ask Ozzie point blank why he thinks Mackowiak should ever play CF. EVERY TIME he's out there he blows at least one play and usually costs at least 1 run. On the other hand, Anderson has made some great run-saving, game-winning plays and has finally come around at the plate.

And don't even get me started on the crap with BMac.

Ozzie is just not a good manager, period. His "style" worked last year because the players were still able to execute when put into bad situations. Now that this strategy clearly isn't working, Ozzie has done nothing to change or adapt. He leaves the starters in too long, misuses the bullpen, and puts out retarded lineups every other night.

I still like our chances to make the playoffs. I really do.

The problem is that the Twins play us so damn tough. I watched them play last week, and they weren't nearly this good. They have brought it to another level these past 2 games - they're playing desperate, and it's paid off. They've won with our 2005 blueprint.

There's a very good chance that the Twins win the division if they play like this for another month, but I don't think they will. I also think Detroit is catchable, people are starting to figure out the hitters and their pitching has leveled off.

We just need to play to our potential and we make it. Problem is that we just haven't played to our potential consistently all season. But I'm a fan and I'll continue to believe in them (but please Ozzie, put McCarthy in the rotation).

Edited by SoxnGiants

Okay i had a night to sleep on this horrible loss. I feel alittle better. You have to look at the possitives going right now. Detroit is slumping. So we are STILL just 5.5 games back of Detroit. So a win today and another Detroit loss just means we are just .5 games back of the WC AND just 4.5 games behind Detroit. My goal during this series was to get 4.5 games behind Detroit and its still possible.

Detroit has the Yankees coming up as well, while we play Tampa and Minny plays KC. So yea we NEED to win the next 4 in a row if you ask me. Todays game is huge! If the last 2 games were big, this game is GINORMOUS!!! No ifs ands or buts, they NEED to win this game.

Negatives: Our pitching. Starting pitching other than Garland, is the reason we have been losing. Contreras has lost his magic, Buerhle isn't the same, Vazquez is Mr. 6th inning disaster and Garcia tends to give up early leads.

Everyone also praises our pen so often also. Well the last 2 nights they have lost the game for us. Thorton tends to give up alot of runs stranded by the starters and he also gave up a HUGE run last nite. Riske sometimes gives up that BIG homerun! McDougal.. okay i cant say anything bad about him. Cotts is the new Marte. And Jenks gives me a heart attack everytime out, but i cant say anything bad about him.

Possitives: JD is awesome! Where would we be without this guy!? The offense seems to still have it. But how come they only seem to light it up when were trailing? They need to have that same hungry mentality when they are winning or tied as well.

The fact of the matter is, there is only 33 games left, and we have the hardest schedule of the 3 teams. WE MUST go 21-12 the rest of the way. Yes 96 wins will give us a playoff birth. And since i believe Minny has won the central, Detroit must go 14-18. Hey it can happen!

So come on Mark, wake your ass up! We need you today

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
Possitives: JD is awesome! Where would we be without this guy!? The offense seems to still have it. But how come they only seem to light it up when were trailing? They need to have that same hungry mentality when they are winning or tied as well.

This team is usually trailing early. Then they get a lead. Then the pitchers blow the lead or give up whatever runs the offense just got. The offense is the ONLY reason this team has any shot whatsoever and it doesn't look like things will change.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
Okay i had a night to sleep on this horrible loss. I feel alittle better. You have to look at the possitives going right now. Detroit is slumping. So we are STILL just 5.5 games back of Detroit. So a win today and another Detroit loss just means we are just .5 games back of the WC AND just 4.5 games behind Detroit.

If Detroit wasn't crapping the bed so badly right now, things would look significantly more grim.

I'm certainly not conceding until mid-september, and only if we are 7-8 games back of a playoff spot at that point.

I wonder if fans of every team quit so easily on their team when they are 1.5 games out of a playoff spot in August

I guess we need a "Anyone who thinks that this team can catch Minnesota is crazy" fanclub.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
I wonder if fans of every team quit so easily on their team when they are 1.5 games out of a playoff spot in August

I guess we need a "Anyone who thinks that this team can catch Minnesota is crazy" fanclub.

The concern isn't that the Sox are only 1.5 games back of the WC race; the concern is that they have been slipping further and further back since the ASB now, and aside from a few flashes of brilliance, have shown no signs of turning it around.

Unless Minn. and Detriot completely fall apart, the Sox' current level of play will lead to some golf outings in early October.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
The concern isn't that the Sox are only 1.5 games back of the WC race; the concern is that they have been slipping further and further back since the ASB now, and aside from a few flashes of brilliance, have shown no signs of turning it around.

Unless Minn. and Detriot completely fall apart, the Sox' current level of play will lead to some golf outings in early October.

True or false - The White Sox have gained ground on these two teams since Aug 1:

1) Detroit

2) Boston

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)
True or false - The White Sox have gained ground on these two teams since ASB:

1) Detroit

2) Boston

I think Detroit is False & Boston is True. I think Detroit was 2 games up on us at the ASB, I'm just guessing about Boston.

Now that you've edited the question - true.

Edited by SoxnGiants

QUOTE(SoxnGiants @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 11:01 AM)
I think Detroit is False & Boston is True. I think Detroit was 2 games up on us at teh break, I'm just guessing about Boston.

Yeah, I meant August 1, and edited to reflect that. I know we were only 2-2.5 back of detroit at the break.

Don't forget that Detroit is in NY next week and we have the potential to make up 2 or 3 games on them right there.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)

While it is true that the Sox have slipped since the ASB, I think it's foolish for anyone to count this team out yet. Win today and the gap for the WC is .5 games. Liriano is already on the DL and Radke may be headed there next. At that point, the Twins rotation looks imminently beatable.

These losses have been frustrating on us all, but this season is still far from over. Now let's see the MB of old and the usual Carlos Silva tonight and get back in this thing.

With a win today things look a lot brighter! Because we would be just .5 games back of the WC and the next 6 games contain division dwellars Tampa and KC. If there is anytime to gain ground on both the Twins and Tigers, this is the time.

After todays game vs Cleveland, Detroit plays their next 6 games vs New York and the streaky Angels. So yes there is no way in hell we are out of this race!

It shall be interesting to see how Detroit responds to being just 4 games up right now. Will they buckle to the pressure?

And the Twins... those pesky Twins. Its funny, they play their best vs us, but tend to struggle alittle vs the lower echelon teams like KC and TB. It should be interesting to see how they continue to play after they leave Chicago.

Looking at the schedules for these 3 teams, this is make up time for the Sox. The Tigers and Twins each play the Yankees and each other through Sept. 10. Meanwhile, the Sox play the D-Rays, Royals, Red Sox, and Indians. The Sox can be their bad selves and still win a bunch of games. The problem is that after Sept. 10, the Sox have the hardest schedule of the 3 including facing the A's and Angels out west and facing both the Tigers and Twins.

By Sept. 10, if the Sox play decent, they can capitalize off their schedule and take advantage of playing the teams ahead of them. But they need to get wins starting today. All this will be for naught if the Sox can't make up ground.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
Looking at the schedules for these 3 teams, this is make up time for the Sox. The Tigers and Twins each play the Yankees and each other through Sept. 10. Meanwhile, the Sox play the D-Rays, Royals, Red Sox, and Indians. The Sox can be their bad selves and still win a bunch of games. The problem is that after Sept. 10, the Sox have the hardest schedule of the 3 including facing the A's and Angels out west and facing both the Tigers and Twins.

By Sept. 10, if the Sox play decent, they can capitalize off their schedule and take advantage of playing the teams ahead of them. But they need to get wins starting today. All this will be for naught if the Sox can't make up ground.

Your damn right. The time is now to gain ground on both the Twins and Tigers. No more of this play to KC's level or play down to TB's level. They need that killer instinct back! Its been missing since like June. The next 7 games if the Sox go anything below 6-1, i'll be dissappointed.