McCarthy must be inserted into the rotation...

BearSox

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)
Maybe it just might be happening after all, and Ozzie's patience has just run out with the performance of our starters.

GREAT!!! We give up Young and Vizcaino for a starter who is a f*****G headcase who can't go 5 innings. WOW!! Who is to Blame? I will tell you who KW, our Genius GM. That's who. Why didin't KW look at this guys overall record and ask why this guy was a 500 pitcher throughout his career. I'll tell you why cause he sucks, that's why. Yet we give up our best prospect and a solid middle reliever for a guy whi is a f*****G headcase. We sure have great management on the southside. This has to go down as one of the worst trades in te history of baseball. OH WAIT but we have Brian Anderson, but he can't play against rigght handers, so Mackowiak has to play cenetr. A guy who doesn't feel comfortable in center, yet we continue to run him out there. Great decision Oziie. Way to manage. The faster we ge rid of Ozzie the better we will be.. he is what you call a stupid F*****G, I'll leave the reast to your imagination!!!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:41 AM)
You're in luck, Flash

A commenter at my site says that's exactly what he has been doing, with him headed to the rotation September 1. The reason for the wait appears to be waiting for rosters to expand so they could add an arm or two to the pen, which seems a bit odd to me. Almost as if the Sox intend to go with a 6-man rotation.

I still can't see Ozzie removing anyone from the rotation without a DL trip, and I think the only candidate for that, based on recent performance and Ozzie's post-game quotes is Contreras.

Move McCarthy into the rotation and move Contreras into long relief. Contreras likes to be a part of the game every day and I believe that he could pitch effectively out of the pen 6 to ten innings a week. When we need someone in a game situation like in the sixth we bring in Jose and he puts out the fire and pitches an additional inning or so. He's the strongest most durable pitcher we have........................this would be great......................

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
I don't even care anymore if they move Brandon into the rotation or not. Unless we can clone him 4 times, it won't mean anything anyway. This starting rotation (outside of Garland) has been despicable.

Isn't it amazing how earlier in the season, it was the complete opposite of this statement.

How things have turned on their head. :bang