Would you unconditionally support this team if it led to a title every

sin city sox fan

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)
I'm a Colts fan, a Cyclone fan, and a White Sox fan.

If I wanted a perennial winner, I would have made better choices.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm a Colts (and Peyton) fan as well and don't plan on jumping off of that boat anytime soon either.

I mentally-prepared myself for the Sox to come short of repeating back in November. As long as they're competitive, I'm excited and I'm paying attention. And it's not like I was considering jumping ship back in the late '80s and late '90s either.

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
With the sickening feeling I took to bed last night after that heartbreaking loss, I spent some time today reflecting upon how many things fell into place last year and how spending nearly a month's pay to fly in from the west coast and take my father to games 1&2 of the WS brought memories I'll take to my grave.

I then stepped back and realized how unrealistic it is of me to expect a repeat of next year, with record setting 1-run wins, a pitching staff all having simultaneous career years, and almost perfect chemistry in the clubhouse, when considering how difficult it is simply to make the playoffs two years in a row, for anybody except the one team spending $250M per year.

Ozzie makes a lot of mistakes, players go through highs and lows throughout the season, and the GMs moves don't always pan out (the gamble on Thome that no one else would take paid in spades, Vasquez did not). All in all we're still right in it, MN still has to play a month of baseball better than us, and there are about 4 very real possible outcomes (though all not equally probably), including MN taking the division, us taking the division, or Detroit not even making the playoffs. There's going to be moments of confidence and despair in the coming month, but I have to be patient and not over react because we might just win the WC by a 1/2 game and then win three straight series.

No one on this site believed last Sept 25th that we were going to make the playoffs (and the Sox gave them every reason to feel that way), let alone go 11-1 through Bos, LAA, and Hous.......... Detroit's 10 game lead shrank to 5.5 in a few days, our lead over MN evaporated in days, we both face Bos, NY, Det, Oak, and LAA, no one has a clue how this crazy thing might go???

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Im not sure what your really asking here, but I EXPECT THIS TEAM TO TRY every year, to win. There have been many years where we were asked to "hang on" and give them a few years. Winning it all in 05 was great, but we couldve won it a number of times before, with 1994 being the year we really shouldve won it all. 2003 also.