Game Thread: White Sox vs. Minnesota Twins

Chisoxrd5

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
Look my only beef is that you always find the negative spin on damn near every situation. You even put a tag on yourself as Mr. Pessimism. WTF is that? PK comes up with 1 & 3 with one out and you immediately insinuate PKDP coming....it is just flat out tiring. Man I sit back and say to myself...kill em PK...lets get POSITIVE energy and CONFIDENCE back on our side. You can start to prove to yourself & the rest of us that you are positive by taking down that silly Mr. Pessimism bit about yourself. I bet if I were to walk about this country with Mr. Pessimism on my chest that I wouldnt get to many takers as friends.....

I wasn't given the Mr. Pessimism moniker. I think it's stupid, especially as I've been one of the few people who haven't proclaimed our season is over yet. The reason I assumed PK would hit into a DP is because PK is slow as hell, and Silva is a sinker ball pitcher. Good post though...I appreciate the honest paragraph.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
Look my only beef is that you always find the negative spin on damn near every situation. You even put a tag on yourself as Mr. Pessimism. WTF is that? PK comes up with 1 & 3 with one out and you immediately insinuate PKDP coming....it is just flat out tiring. Man I sit back and say to myself...kill em PK...lets get POSITIVE energy and CONFIDENCE back on our side.

What difference does it make whether you're optimistic or pessmistic? It has no bearing on the team whatsoever.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
I wasn't given the Mr. Pessimism moniker. I think it's stupid, especially as I've been one of the few people who haven't proclaimed our season is over yet. The reason I assumed PK would hit into a DP is because PK is slow as hell, and Silva is a sinker ball pitcher.

And PK can go into retard mode with trying to pull everything...

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
What difference does it make whether you're optimistic or pessmistic? It has no bearing on the team whatsoever.

Mark looks decent today..hopefully this isn't one of those days our offense decides to take a nap...

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
You still think Gload is a better option at 1st fathom? Fathom's #1 rule for success is being violated with PK as DH...IMO

You can't argue with PK's hitting results since he's been a DH though. I'm going to give Gload the benefit of the doubt....for now.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)

Ozzie summarizes the SoxTalk game threads to the team after each game. It has obviously affected their play.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buehrle's only given up 1 run so far. If you didn't know better, you would have thought that he had allowed 5 runs already.

I'm getting really sick of Juan Uribe.

& Im really getting sick of you posting the negative about our players....what mental error has he made to get you so sick?

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 06:47 PM)
& Im really getting sick of you posting the negative about our players....what mental error has he made to get you so sick?

I never said the mental errors. I was referring to his poor ABs he's been having, especially in big at-bats. He's become pretty lazy at the plate and in this field.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)

Take a chill pill. Put him on ignore if you can't stand his posts.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Man the commercial break music on mlb.tv is growing on me everytime I hear it.. I'm in a beautiful trance everytime. I love it

I hate it, but I know it will be stuck in my head in a couple days.