ST Poll: Which Sox starter, excluding Garland..

greasywheels121

Whichever one of them wins games.

I don't care which of them does it. All 5 have it within them to go unbeaten the rest of the season. They're all that good, and we've known that all year.

Whichever one finds that they have marbles is the most important.

There's no way "Half-game" Vasquez can even be considered in this conversation, and Garcia would rather be toking on a bong next to his swimming pool than bother with fanaticals getting excited over their team's post-season hopes. You can tell not only during the games, but more so after, that Garcia is not phased one way or the other, and would rather blame anyone but himself for a poor pitching effort, to include teammates and umpires. Jose is the one that has the best chance of shutting people down. Even in his bad outings, his stuff is still filthy, the only difference being that his control is usually shaky during those outings. Buerhle doesn't fool anyone, and his stuff is not overpowering. He either has IT or he doesn't, his record will likely reflect that for the remainder of his career.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
In my opinion they all need to pitch better. We really can't have 2 guys doing real good we need all of them to do good.

Having all 5 get goin' would be ideal. NOBODY can match the White Sox' pitching depth if they're all pitching like they're capable. However, we could get by if just 3 of them can get hot. Garland is doing his part. Mark looks like he's getting back to being Mark. We need one more guy to step up.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
I'm going to cheat and say JC and Mark. I say those two because I actually think they're capable of turning it around, while I know Freddy and Javy aren't capable of any sort of turn around.

Agreed. We're going to need consistently-good pitching from a minimum of three starters and so far Garland is the only one who's doing it right now. I like Mark's chances to rebound, but I'm really concerned that Jose's back is in bad shape and they're keeping it under wraps.

Buehrle and its no question.

Look at the mirror

-Early in the season Buehrle was good, the Sox were good

-Middle part Buehrle was awful, the Sox were awful

-Lately Buehrle has been decent, the Sox have been decent

If we get the good Buehrle for the stretch run, we win this division in my view. If the pitching flounders around we'll go down to the final weekend just to slip in as a Wildcard