midseason top25

GoodAsGould

Screw it, here's our list. The delay is Jason, sorry to leave you hanging there buddy, but it's true. We'll still release it with the writeups eventually.

1. Josh Fields

2. Broadway

3. Sweeney

4. Kyle McCulloch

5. Tracey

6. Cunningham

7. Harrell

8. Whisler

9. Adam Russell

10. Liotta

11. Carter

12. Phillips

13. Logan

14. Jerry Owens

15. Getz

16. Stewart

17. Rogo

18. Haeger

19. Thomas Collaro

20. Brooks

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)
Im assuming Phillips is Heath Phillips...If so, I think you guys way overated him on that list. I know our prospects arent the greatest but even so id have him at 18-20.

10-12 is the area I really dissented. I'm higher on production than most.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
Egbert is the guy that really put himself worthy of this list, probably relatively higher up but when we finished the list we didn't quite know.

We really had a ton of debating and it was very hard to put together the list.

I TOLD YOU :P

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
No Oneli Perez. :(

Yeah considering his continued domination in Birmingham he's the one guy I would want on the list now. We made this about a month ago so some things have changed. Egbert would probably get the nod over a few guys, Perez would definitely be on, and Collaro and Brooks would probably be bumped. Collaro and Brooks were the bottom two, and were questionable selections, but the other two have been hot while Collaro has regressed in AA and Brooks continues to be average. The point remains that the list isn't impressive no matter what.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
Yeah considering his continued domination in Birmingham he's the one guy I would want on the list now. We made this about a month ago so some things have changed. Egbert would probably get the nod over a few guys, Perez would definitely be on, and Collaro and Brooks would probably be bumped. Collaro and Brooks were the bottom two, and were questionable selections, but the other two have been hot while Collaro has regressed in AA and Brooks continues to be average. The point remains that the list isn't impressive no matter what.

Any way you look at it, we really dont have any upper echelon prospects right now and even some of our best prospects have some serious questionmarks and most of the list is full of questionmarks. Some guys have sick numbers, but there is a lot of question whether they have the all around ability to succeed at the major league level while others have the ability but haven't been able to put things together at the minor league level.

The moral of this list is that our farm system BLOWS!!!!

You guys can bash all you want but the guys you are arguing in don't have pretty resumes either. Whether it be Perez being a middle reliever who was 23 and in A ball when we made the list to Rice, also a middle reliever in A ball, the guys you 'demand' to be on the list are far from hot s***.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:47 AM)
You guys can bash all you want but the guys you are arguing in don't have pretty resumes either. Whether it be Perez being a middle reliever who was 23 and in A ball when we made the list to Rice, also a middle reliever in A ball, the guys you 'demand' to be on the list are far from hot s***.

Rice can't find the strike zone, although he'd probably be in a top 30 list (truth be told, Gage would be on the top 30 as well).

But bashing Perez is laughable, especially when stud prospects like Tom "I'm actually Rob Stratton" Collaro and poor man's David Eckstein (Getz) are placed over him.

I also need to remind people, this is just going with what we can agree on. If we each had individual lists, things would be much different. Really, Alexander f***ing Woodson? I also hate Liotta, Carter and Owens, as I'm just not as high on them.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
But bashing Perez is laughable, especially when stud prospects like Tom "I'm actually Rob Stratton" Collaro and poor man's David Eckstein (Getz) are placed over him.

I'm not bashing Perez. He remains and old middle reliever. Middle relievers in the minors mean very little, especially before they reach AA which was the case when we made the list. I'd rate him higher now because he has shown production in AA, but I can't say I'm gitty over Perez yet.