GAME THREAD: Devil Rays @ Sox, 7:05pm

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
Is it obvious to anyone else that his arm angle is all off. He is flattening out his wrist on delivery. Anyone?

His problem is that he gets behind everyone and is pretty much a fastball pitcher. When you get ahead 0-2 or 1-2 you can then go up the ladder.

When you are 3-2 and 3-1 and people know that you are only throwing a fastball, you are more likely to get rocked.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
There must be something scouts picked up on from last season into this one. What could it be?!

His velocity is similar. He's pitching similar sequences of fastball fastball fastball. Oh wait, that's it -- he's been attempting to get by on merely a "sneaky", straight fastball and no secondary pitch to speak of.

His arm angle is flattening the path of the ball out, which is making his fastball float, and his slider just drift. I think its a small tweak IMO.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:44 AM)
Is it obvious to anyone else that his arm angle is all off. He is flattening out his wrist on delivery. Anyone?

He's lost his deceptiveness. Last year, he was fooling guys with the high heater. He also can only pitch to one part of the plate. He only throws inside to righties, and outside to lefties.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
I really didnt even think that would be possible this year, but its looking more and more like that is what needs to happen. Either he has completely lost it, or hitters have just figured him out. Either way, he isn't cutting it on the major league roster.

Hopefully Cotts can put this season behind him, come back strong next season.

They need to teach him at least one more pitch. If he could learn to throw a cutter it would help him with righties. A slider would help him with lefties.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
They need to teach him at least one more pitch. If he could learn to throw a cutter it would help him with righties. A slider would help him with lefties.

And to think there have been threads on this site suggesting that he should be a starter next year. Ha!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:49 AM)
I love it when we bring the poop part of our bullpen out so we can get save situations for our closer. How nice of the poopers to pitch in.

I don't get it...I really don't. It's like we're begging Tampa to get the tying run to the plate.