GAME THREAD: Devil Rays @ Sox, 7:05pm

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
If your going to use your two worst relievers,this is the game to do it. Why burn up the bullpen? They just suck extra tonight.

They're already burning up the bullpen (at least the s*** part of it). Now the tying run is at the plate in a game where the Sox scored 11 runs. That's why you bring in your better relievers to get out a bad team and finish the game.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:57 AM)
They're already burning up the bullpen (at least the s*** part of it). Now the tying run is at the plate in a game where the Sox scored 11 runs. That's why you bring in your better relievers to get out a bad team and finish the game.

If you're warming up MacDougal, bring him in the freaking game.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
Sequence Garcia - Cotts - Riske = Batting Practice to major league hitting.

you cant throw garland macdougal thornton jenks every night....if you arent using the B team as you put it late in a 6 run game, then when are you?

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Don't you think this s*** would get old to Oz once in a while? Why is it that we get a big lead on INFERIOR opponents and he feels the need to f*** around with the smacktards that can't seem to get anyone out anymore....

This kind of s*** is the mentality that has cost us games we should never have lost....and its getting to be ridiculous....

When they are up 7 runs and you have plenty of games left in the season, you can't waste your best guys on what should be meaningless innings. This isn't Ozzie's fault, these guys just suck.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:56 AM)
I'm not gonna blame Ozzie for this one. Cotts and Riske flat didn't get it done. If you can't bring them in when you're up 6, when can you?

Freddy didn't get it done either and he was up by 7. Damn if he didn't try his hardest to let TB tie it up.

I like blaming Ozzie for alot of things just like you guys, when he mismanages the 'pen. But c'mon people, its an 11-5 game, you SHOULD be able to throw Cotts and Riske in there, and just expect them to get outs. Don't pin everything on Oz just cause you can.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)

He is burning up the pen because they didnt get it done,If they did, which they should have, the pen is rested for the rest of the series.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
I like blaming Ozzie for alot of things just like you guys, when he mismanages the 'pen. But c'mon people, its an 11-5 game, you SHOULD be able to throw Cotts and Riske in there, and just expect them to get outs. Don't pin everything on Oz just cause you can.

well said

How the hell is this Ozzie's fault. Should you pitch Jenks every inning of every game? If you can't try to regain these guys confidence now then when. Honestly, you guys would burn out a bullpen in a month. It isn't Ozzies fault they sucked tonight.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)

Some of you guys are ridiculous. WE HAD A 6 RUN LEAD! I don't want my best relievers pitching when we're up 6. It's not Ozzie's fault Cotts and Riske sucked.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:59 AM)
I missed the part where Ozzie is at fault for Riske and Cotts not doing their jobs. It was a 7 run game. If you cant use Riske then, when are you supposed to?

And this is a reason why I said we definitely shouldn't re-sign him this offseason. He's a mop-up pitcher who had an ERA look better than he's really been. His stuff has really deteroriated since last year.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
I'm not gonna blame Ozzie for this one. Cotts and Riske flat didn't get it done. If you can't bring them in when you're up 6, when can you?

Cotts ERA in August before tonight, 8+, his WHIP post allstar break is 2.42. Pretty much you dont need an advanced sabrmetric formula to see that he is just bad.

The minute he gave up the 2 run dong. You need to pull him. Immediately.