GAME THREAD: Devil Rays @ Sox, 7:05pm

QUOTE(BamaDoc @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 03:00 AM)
How the hell is this Ozzie's fault. Should you pitch Jenks every inning of every game? If you can't try to regain these guys confidence now then when. Honestly, you guys would burn out a bullpen in a month. It isn't Ozzies fault they sucked tonight.

My biggest beef was that he was warming up MacDougal. If you're going to have him throwing in the bullpen, then bring him in to face Baldelli before the tying run can get to the plate.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
The minute he gave up the 2 run dong. You need to pull him. Immediately.

Exactly.

The problem isn't bringing in these guys. This is when you use your crappy relievers. However, he leaves all of his pitchers in too long. What did holding off on Thornton do? Gave TB a run, and Thronton still had to get the same amount of outs.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
Cotts ERA in August before tonight, 8+, his WHIP post allstar break is 2.42. Pretty much you dont need an advanced sabrmetric formula to see that he is just bad.

The minute he gave up the 2 run dong. You need to pull him. Immediately.

So is Cotts not supposed to pitch for the rest of the year? And Riske still got torched. They both stunk tonight. Why is it so hard for some to hold the players accountable for once?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 03:01 AM)
Oz has made some real bonehead moves, but this season really fits the old adage "Players make the manager"

This reminds me of when Bruce Sutter left the Cardinals and went to Atlanta. The Cardinal manager, Whitey Herzog was asked his feelings " well I just got fifty games dumber."

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
Exactly.

The problem isn't bringing in these guys. This is when you use your crappy relievers. However, he leaves all of his pitchers in too long. What did holding off on Thornton do? Gave TB a run, and Thronton still had to get the same amount of outs.

Riske still had a 4 run lead to work with. If he can't get it done in that spot, he's the one to blame.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 03:04 AM)
Douche bag is good enough reason for me.

Probably what non-Sox fans say about AJP getting hit. The funny thing is that I actually know people that know both of them personally....and they all say that they're pretty much a-holes off the field also.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 03:07 AM)
I would be shocked if AJ WASN"T a dick off the field. You can just tell he looks like an prick.

With that said, I would take him as my C anyday of the week, and could not be happier with the jersey purchase last year.

Me too. I might have been his biggest supporter when there were rumors we were interested in him. Anyone else remember that we were concerned he'd choose Tampa over the Sox? I also remember sitting by my computer all night to hopefully hear that we didn't offer Ben Davis arbitration. We ended up giving it to him, and we thought the dream of getting AJP was over.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
I would be shocked if AJ WASN"T a dick off the field. You can just tell he looks like an prick.

my step-sister who went to the university of arizona with Brian Anderson (and briefly dated him) met AJ and said he was a dick :lol:

she also said that he slept with one of her friends, but I can't take that as the definite truth