Saturday Sept 30

retro1983hat

What really could be the biggest game of the year, the game on Saturday September 30 in Minnesota has no TV and according to banter discussed here last year, there is nothing anyone can do about it because FOX owns the rights. The game will not be moved to noon because the friggin Gophers have a football game later that day in the Metrodome.

Great my heartache or joy is pinned to listening to Chris Singleton.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 08:44 AM)
What really could be the biggest game of the year, the game on Saturday September 30 in Minnesota has no TV and according to banter discussed here last year, there is nothing anyone can do about it because FOX owns the rights. The game will not be moved to noon because the friggin Gophers have a football game later that day in the Metrodome.

Great my heartache or joy is pinned to listening to Chris Singleton.

The game will probably be on Fox, especially since it appears it will be a huge game. What makes you think it won't be?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 08:49 AM)
The game will probably be on Fox, especially since it appears it will be a huge game. What makes you think it won't be?

It starts an hour and 10 minutes before the FOX game of the week time slot, but because of FOX's exclusive on the time slot 12-6, no other networks are allowed to broadcast games during that time.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)
It starts an hour and 10 minutes before the FOX game of the week time slot, but because of FOX's exclusive on the time slot 12-6, no other networks are allowed to broadcast games during that time.

Meh. Unless the game turns out to be irrelevant, Fox will broadcast it, even if its early.

FOX won't broadcast it. It is a broadcast rights thing. Comcast or ESPN can't legally show it either.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 08:59 AM)
Fox probably won't show it. Its 1 out of 162 that isn't televised. If its that important to watch it, roadtrip.

Ah yes. Shelling out money many of us don't have to go to Minnesota. Well going on a roadtrip to see a game we should be able to watch on TV make some better fans than others I guess.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:04 AM)
FOX won't broadcast it. It is a broadcast rights thing. Comcast or ESPN can't legally show it either.

Ah yes. Shelling out money many of us don't have to go to Minnesota. Well going on a roadtrip to see a game we should be able to watch on TV make some better fans than others I guess.

I'm going to listen to it on the radio. I'm not the one complaining.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
IIRC, the game was available on MLB.tv last year.

It was, but it was an odd package... As I recall, I don't think if was the Circle Jerk in the booth and it had a cable access feel to it. There were almost no graphics, no commercials -- or no commercial breaks, at least -- and the camera work left something to be desired.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

Maybe MLB should quit scheduling games in September to be played in Collge football stadiums on Saturdays. Why not have the Sox play at Minnesota last week, when the dome was open, and have the Twins come to Chicago the last week of the season? Its just dumb and shows a lack of foresight

QUOTE(UC76 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
Hopefully, the Sox will have already clinched the division by then and the game will be meaningless anyway. Then we won't be missing much.

I'm thinking positive.

clinch the division, I think you are testing positive. Maybe the wildcard . . . :pray

:snow in hell for the division

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)

This isnt totally true...the Saturday afternoon game in Toronto Comcast had a 335 broadcast...The BASEBALL PACKAGE CANNOT pick the game up, but locally you can show it! If I remember right from last yr it was Santana vs El Duque and we didnt want to see that debacle anyway :)