From here on in, it's a 32 Game Season

mumu

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20-12

They'll go 5-1 against TB and KC, struggle against CLE a bit, split the West Coast road trip 3-3, but win the series against BOS, DET, and sweep SEA.

EDIT: with a 20-12 record, I say we make the wildcard, by about 1 game. MIN's pitching falters further, Radke can't finish the season, and they just can't stay hot long enough. DET also continues to fall, and at some point in late September, all three teams are within 2 or 3 games of each other. But DET hangs onto the division, barely.

Edited by NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(mu mu @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
Every game counts now, we're basically playing a 32 game season from now until October 1st, and we're starting out in 3rd place.

Predictions on the Sox record, over these 32 games?

i love you, steff.

Actually, its a 26 game schedule. The Tiggers coast the last week, and if we arent in 1st by then ........

The other problem against us, is the wildcard. The Twinks are 1/2 game ahead of us ............ if we arent 4 games up by the time we get to Minnesota, were in big big trouble

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
........... and we'll all wax poetic all winter about all those games Ozzie threw away ...........

Nope....if this team doesn't make the playoffs, I'm not going to go on and on about any managerial shortcomings. Rather, I'll just look forward to possible changes on and off the field to help improve this organization (and no, I don't want Ozzie fired).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
How exactly do we miss the playoffs by a margin that includes a half a game? Did Minnesota have a game rained out that they won't be making up? Did we?

Good point...silly me. I calculated what the Twins would do in 32 games, and completely forgot that they don't have 32 games left. I'll change it to 3 games (and who says I'm not optimistic!).

Edited by fathom