From here on in, it's a 32 Game Season

mumu

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
Haha, wow, I forgot I still owe you some money, I'll get that to you eventually. :bang

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that one...

What size boots do you wear.... :rolleyes.

TB: 3-0

KC: 2-1

BOS: 2-1

CLE: 2-2

LAA: 1-2

OAK: 1-2

DET: 1-2

SEA: 3-1

CLE: 2-1

MIN: 1-2

18-14...we need two of these games to swing to get in. I think the WC will come down to the last series but don't like our chances in Minny. If we can get out of the gates hot here I will like our chances better. Hopefully, MIN pitching falters.

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)

CLE: 2-2

MIN: 1-2

18-14...we need two of these games to swing to get in. I think the WC will come down to the last series but don't like our chances in Minny. If we can get out of the gates hot here I will like our chances better. Hopefully, MIN pitching falters.

Lets hope Santana contracts lepracy and the fingers on his left hand all fall off. Of course, I'm sure he would still shutout the Sox that last series pitching righty, but his five other remaining starts would be up for grabs.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
I know I'm not living up to my reputation, but if we go into that final series with the Twins and still have a shot, we'll do what we have to do to get into the playoffs.

Please log out and reenter your password for security purposes :D

I do agree with you. One back on that weekend and I think we're in for at least a tie. I haven't bothered to look up the tie breaker.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
One game playoff.

Definitely for the wildcard. If it's a tie for the division and both teams get into the playoffs either way then the tie breaker is head to head to determine who is the division winner.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
Definitely for the wildcard. If it's a tie for the division and both teams get into the playoffs either way then the tie breaker is head to head to determine who is the division winner.

Yeah if its a tie and one team gets in, its a playoff. If its a tie where both teams get in, just a matter of who is the wild care and who is the division, then it does go H2H. 3 way ties are a whole nother story as well.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)

CLE: 3-1

SEA: 2-2

MIN: 2-1

Total = 19-13 Tied with Minny, behind Tigers

KC: 3-0

LAA: 2-1

OAK: 2-1

DET: 2-1

24-8 = tied with Det-riot for the division, Minny eliminated

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 12:48 PM)
19-13

will it be enough? who knows, but that's how it finishes.

I looked at the schedule pretty carefully and that looks about right, 19-13. I'm just not sure it will be enough. I think Ozzie helped the Twins gel with his "little Pirahnas" comments. It has become their rally cry and they are focused and inspired. I'm not sure they can be stopped right now.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)

KC: 3-0

LAA: 2-1

OAK: 2-1

DET: 2-1

24-8 = tied with Det-riot for the division, Minny eliminated

You must be smoking from Freddy Garcia's stash. No Phawking Way. 18-14 or 19-13 look much more realistic.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)

That is the info I was looking for. I knew about the playoff for in/out. Thanks.

So, we are...

11-5 vs DET, thus guaranteeing the tie-break

6-9 vs MIN, so we'd have to sweep them in that season-ender to win a tie-break

That's if the division is on the line.

So, what happens if they are even in H2H? And what happens in a 3-way tie?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
So, what happens if they are even in H2H? And what happens in a 3-way tie?

IIRC, in a 3 way tie, there are 2 play in games, with the site of the game decided by a coin flip. With it looking like any 3 way tie would be 3 teams for 2 spots (and not 3 teams for 1 spot with the wild card in another division) the teams that win the 2 games would wind up in the playoffs...the team that loses the first game would play the 2nd team the next day.