AND THIS BALL GAME IS OVA!!!

greasywheels121

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
I'll say this much: If we do make the playoffs, I want Freddy in the 'pen. I'll take my chances on Javy solving his 6th inning debacles over Sweaty Freddy Moyer and his 15 stolen bases allowed a game.

What if one of the playoff games is a day game on the road?

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
I'll say this much: If we do make the playoffs, I want Freddy in the 'pen. I'll take my chances on Javy solving his 6th inning debacles over Sweaty Freddy Moyer and his 15 stolen bases allowed a game.

Leave Javy off the post-season roster and bring up some speed. Have Bmac warm in the 1st when freddy pitches.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)

That would be my take on it as well. Since Javy basically goes five strong, let him do that. Then, let Freddy pitch 2-4 innings in the pen and let the bullpen take it from there. As of right now, I want Garland starting game one. But I really won't get too far ahead of myself since there's a good chance we might even make the playoffs.

A few of you are saying the Twins are done and I don't understand that. They have been the hottest team in baseball for a while and they still are winning without Liriano. You guys say not with their current rotation, but they still seem to be getting it done....

Like I said in the beginning of the year, don't forget about the Twins. Now you can't count them out until they start losing a few in a row.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
A few of you are saying the Twins are done and I don't understand that. They have been the hottest team in baseball for a while and they still are winning without Liriano. You guys say not with their current rotation, but they still seem to be getting it done....

Like I said in the beginning of the year, don't forget about the Twins. Now you can't count them out until they start losing a few in a row.

Well, I can see why some would say they're "done." With Radke hurting, their starting staff is well below average outside of Santana. However, they're so well managed and play the game the right away. I just don't see them fading away.

How are the Twins the hottest team in baseball right now?

Maybe the hottest team in baseball with a two game losing streak...

Silva looked BRUTAL on sunday, and the last two times we've seen Santana, we've hit him hard even though we lost both games. This certainly is NOT the dominant second half Santana we've seen in the past

tonight they lost a game at home to the worst team in the majors

also, the Twins are 9-8 in their last 17. Again, I fail to see how this is particularly "hot"

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Well, I can see why some would say they're "done." With Radke hurting, their starting staff is well below average outside of Santana. However, they're so well managed and play the game the right away. I just don't see them fading away.

Well you can also say that if our rotation starts pitching like they can, then were perfectly fine, but their not so you can't say that. Its the same with the Twins, once they start losing then you can say they're done, until then they're still even with us.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Leave Javy off the post-season roster and bring up some speed. Have Bmac warm in the 1st when freddy pitches.

No chance in hell that would happen. I'm really concerned with Freddy's inability to hold runners at even a little league level. I really think Cecil Fielder or John Kruk could run wild on Freddy. In the regular season, you can somewhat get away with that. In the playoffs, where typically there isn't as much scoring, you can't be letting teams go 1985 Cardinals on you on the basepaths.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
Well you can also say that if our rotation starts pitching like they can, then were perfectly fine, but their not so you can't say that. Its the same with the Twins, once they start losing then you can say they're done, until then they're still even with us.

The difference is our guys are underperforming. Their guys are hurt. And as shaky as our guys have been, I'll take them over Bonser, Silva, and Garza.

If you can throw Mark Redman at them for the rest of the season, yes, they're done.

They can't hit the soft s***. Anything above 90 they hit.

You think there's a reason they hit Vazquez and Contreras but got shutdown by Buehrle? They can't hit junkballers.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
How are the Twins the hottest team in baseball right now?

Maybe the hottest team in baseball with a two game losing streak...

Silva looked BRUTAL on sunday, and the last two times we've seen Santana, we've hit him hard even though we lost both games. This certainly is NOT the dominant second half Santana we've seen in the past

tonight they lost a game at home to the worst team in the majors

also, the Twins are 9-8 in their last 17. Again, I fail to see how this is particularly "hot"

Okay maybe not the hottest team in baseball, but they've still been doing good in the second half. Good enough to get even with us even though, by record were pretty good. Especially when we can barely beat them. Yeah Bonser sucks, but we lost against him.

Gardenhire can just keep setting up his pitching staff to blow it all out against the white sox because he's guaranteed more letdowns like tonight in the coming weeks

Radke is probably one thread away from his arm snapping off. You know what one more DL stint by a pitcher would do to this team? Think Red Sox August spiral.

THE TWINS ARE DONE

say it with me folks

The offense was great. Garcia mediocre. Cotts and Riske and Joey Cora horrible. Cora should be relieved of his duties immediately.

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
I don't have a time table but minny sports radio was saying he has at least started doing long toss...

the pitching coach said he was playing catch with him and his hand hurt when he was done... I'd say he sounded pretty optomistic... :huh

Let me know when he gets to towel drills, then maybe simulated games. The Twins I am very worried about. Silva has been brutal all year, Garza isn't bad, Santana is better than anyone on the White Sox, and their bullpen is outstanding. The Sox however, should have swept them.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
I stopped following after it was 7-0, and watched the Twins. Looked like it was quiute interesting.

They were running on Freddy like it was little league and Cotts still can't get guys out. The Sox scored a couple of runs the inning before Cotts entered. If they had not scored, Thornton was ready and would have been the choice. I don't know what the exact problem with Cotts is right now, but he's turned into a left handed Politte.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
They were running on Freddy like it was little league and Cotts still can't get guys out. The Sox scored a couple of runs the inning before Cotts entered. If they had not scored, Thornton was ready and would have been the choice. I don't know what the exact problem with Cotts is right now, but he's turned into a left handed Politte.

It's really disappointing conisdering what Cotts did last year. He was lights out!

Edited by Whitewashed in '05