GAME THREAD: Devil Rays @ Sox, 7:05pm

Tampa Bay Devil Rays at Chicago White Sox

Wednesday, August 30th at 7:05pm

US Cellular Field

Corcoran v Garland

Preview:

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/p...20060830_TB@CHW

White Sox are 5 games behind DET in the Al Central, with 31 left to play. They have a half game lead on MIN for the wildcard. Sox have their ace on the mound.

And I'm 3-0 in regular season game threads.

ahem... do re mi fa so la te do...

GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!!!!!

:bringit :gosox1:

Edited by NorthSideSox72

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back Big Jimmy! Your gonna rock in that 5th hole where you belong! C'mon Jon G! Your our Ace, keep the consistency going big guy!

Theres a chance we can only be 3.5 games behind Detroit after tonite. Right now Detroit is trailing New York 2-0 in the 6th in game 1!

The Central isn't close to being over White Sox nation. It isn't over by a LONG SHOT!

:gosox1:

These are the games where the Sox scare me.......when on paper everything points to blowout in our favor

1) their starter is 0-6 in his last 8 starts

2) our ace is on the mound going 11-1 with a 2.97 ERA over that period

3) they're the worst road team in baseball, currently on an 11 game losing streak

4) we're getting a slugger back and Dye remains in the three hole where is AL player of the week

5) DET is down two with two at bats left and we have a chance to gain more ground on them

There's not a single category on paper that says we could possibly lose, except these are the games where our guys typically lay down........................will be interesting...........

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
tigers lose, 4.5 games back. This is huge!!

and they could be in the process of losing again an hour before our game starts, could be 3.5 before the night is over.......considering we were 7.5 games out after two against them, people should see how quickly a 4 game swing can happen.......

Scoreboard watching as officially begun for me. I watched the last of the Yankee's game on Gamecast. September could be a long and exciting month.

Let's hope the Yankees stay on a roll . . .

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
Is Game two of the Tiger double header really scheduled for 7:05?? That seems stupid. Even if it is a double rain out thing.

Remember, this is a game in New York, which means that tickets can be sold and money made for both games. You just need the time to empty the stadium between games.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Remember, this is a game in New York, which means that tickets can be sold and money made for both games. You just need the time to empty the stadium between games.

I see it's the ESPN game tonight as well. I forget which Yankee it was but he talked about the rock star like surroundings the Yankees have and how it can get tiring.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
7 eastern.

I just IM'd my Detroit friend and she stated the obvious: the TV schedule. The 7:05 game was scheduled for TV--they're not going to lose the ad revenue by covering it mid-day.

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 01:13 PM)
These are the games where the Sox scare me.......when on paper everything points to blowout in our favor

1) their starter is 0-6 in his last 8 starts

2) our ace is on the mound going 11-1 with a 2.97 ERA over that period

3) they're the worst road team in baseball, currently on an 11 game losing streak

4) we're getting a slugger back and Dye remains in the three hole where is AL player of the week

5) DET is down two with two at bats left and we have a chance to gain more ground on them

There's not a single category on paper that says we could possibly lose, except these are the games where our guys typically lay down........................will be interesting...........

This will be a classic 2006 White Sox letdown night. Everything points to a sure-fire, no miss win for the Palehose, but in true 2006 choke style, they will figure out a way to stink up the place. I hope I'm wrong and will be happy to absorb the criticism and ridicule if indeed I am. It's the least I can do, and my sacrifice for a Sox victory.