Devil Rays @ Sox - August 31 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
yeah he does...its his best pitch...i hope he uses it like he did against toronto that one time

It drives me crazy when he is spotting that fastball at 94 on the corners to get to 0-2 and then he hangs his curve or slider.

QUOTE(beautox @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
well seeing how Cotts has been "teh sux" lately, and Boone is deing really well down at AAA as their closer i want to know if he could take his spot, if cotts can't turn it around.

If we were to make the playoffs, with Owens being on his "rehab assignment", I think the deal was that that preserved a roster spot for someone not on the 25-man at midnight tonight -- not just Owens -- if we wanted to add someone. I don't understand why it works that way, but that was my understanding. Am I right?

We'd have to drop someone, of course.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
delmon young scares me

are you an umprie who made a borderline call on him??

I agree though, his approach at the plate has been really impressive. He's gone with pitches and tried to rip them only when the counts in his favor.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
He's got a couple of nice plays, but i think that's a real stretch, his range isn't that great.

He's a real solid 2b with quick hands, but I've noticed pop-ups where he has to track them down in foul territory seem to be an adventure