Devil Rays @ Sox - August 31 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
Fathom,

Its not manning up.

Its statistics.

You are not going to win many games when your team only scores 3 or less regardless of what pitcher is on the hill.

Javy keeps the Sox in games, that is the job of a pitcher. If the Sox offense cant score more than 3 runs today, they dont deserve to win.

There's a reason he's been on 4 teams in the last 4 years. It's too bad that KW didn't get suckered into this supermodel who has herpes. :P

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
bartlett steals thrid and buck throws it into left field....3-1 minny

Oh those silly royals trying to make people believe they're a real team.

the problem with Vazquez has nothing to do with stats its that he just isnt that good.

He is a mediocre pitcher...his curve ball is so bad its almost not even a pitch, his slider is inconsistent at best....he either hangs crappy pitches or he simply misses location on what would otherwise be good pitches....On top of that, he has no mental toughness, no courage, no guts...he is a headcase who isn't a very good pitcher...

If you think he's a good pitcher, fine have at it...I think he's terribly over-rated and over-paid.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
That's pretty sad, considering he has a nasty one when he doesn't hang it.

i agree....but he hangs it so often, and his fastball has been movin alot at 93 tonight...against greg norton id rather see the express

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
I'm thrilled with them winning 2 out of 3. Did anyone really expect De La Rosa to defeat Johan?

Yea really....Taking 2 of 3 in the tinker dome is good work by KC...a loss by them may help our cause as they wont come in acting all big and bad.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
Yea really....Taking 2 of 3 in the tinker dome is good work by KC...a loss by them may help our cause as they wont come in acting all big and bad.

KC did a good job, now hopefully they won't pitch as well this weekend

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
Vazquez is a loser with 11 wins.

I wonder where the Sox would be without Javy's 6 wins in the first 2 months.

Wins are such a way to judge a pitcher these days.

Danny Wright won 14 games with the sox on year.

Give a medicore pitcher 9 runs a game in the first half of the season and anyone can win a bunch of games.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
I'm thrilled with them winning 2 out of 3. Did anyone really expect De La Rosa to defeat Johan?

Right now, we've got the wild card lead, so as long as we handle our business, I care less about the Twins than I do about the Tigers. We win today and we're officially in striking distance.