Devil Rays @ Sox - August 31 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
Man, after this nail-biting series with the Devil Rays, now we are going to face another "scrappy" team. It doesn't seem we play that great against the scrappy teams.

Right now I wouldn't even call TB a scrappy team. They all look like their swinging for the fences to me. If anything, our offense hasnt shown up against 2 rookie pitchers..

we have a chance to sweep the devil rays and people are still finding ways to b**** about it

if we do sweep, I don't care how it got done and who had to do what or when for us to do it. I'm going to give a slap on their collective sox fanny and say "great job boys"

Edited by Hideaway Lights

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
Crappy teams have the knack to play real well against us, and don't you DARE tfixing my grammar again!

i'm not saying they don't play well against us, im just saying they're crappy.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
Maybe MacDougal should have started the 8th? Not getting on Ozzie...hindsight is 20/20....lets get em this inning...3.5 out of first place is right there for the taking.

I had no problem with Thornton starting the inning against 2 LH's, but i do have a problem with Thornton getting behind Navarro, and then laying a meatball in there

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
I had no problem with Thornton starting the inning against 2 LH's, but i do have a problem with Thornton getting behind Navarro, and then laying a meatball in there

I agree, Thorton pitching to him was the right decision IMO, it was Thorton throwing balls and not executing