Devil Rays @ Sox - August 31 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Javy turns around, which he will because he has all the talent just needs to get more comfortable in his surroundings, I dont want to see a bunch of Sox fans start to cheer him like Dye, Garland, Thome, and the rest.

f***ing man up, if you dislike a player dont f***ing change as soon as he gets over the bad parts.

Javy had a hell of a first 2 months, and has had trouble. There are plenty of reasons for it, but in the end, I would rather have Javy out there than most teams sp's.

So Im going to support him because I know he has the capability.

But you can go ahead, tell me about Jeremy Reed and how KW got fleeced for giving him up.

Or maybe about Borchard, how could the Sox think Thorton would turn around.

We were losers with Contreras he was terrible for the half a year.

It takes time.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
Yea, because Garland has done it time and time again...Garland hasn't gotten 9 runs of support like this guy...Garland is 16-4 with a sub 4 era in his last 13 starts....Garland has won titles....Garland can make it through lineups more than twice....Garland has STARTED winning streaks....Garland has STOPPED losing streaks...Garland is getting paid LESS...Garland was acquired for LESS....Diminishing returns be damned.

To compare Javier Vazquez with Jon Garland is beyond hilarious...without Garland we'd be out of this race....Vazquez has single-handedly given back momentum Garland has given us TIME AND TIME again...go look it up...go to each of Jon Garland's wins and find out HOW MANY TIMES Vazquez (who is behind him in the rotation) has FOLLOWED UP Garland with a win. And find out how many times Vazquez has blown a winning streak.

The jury is out on this guy...we got done over a barrell over this over-priced stiff

I was responding to the lack of credit he got for getting out of that particular instance, and also how Garland has been elevated to a god-like status on here (I wasn't pleased with his 1st half this year)...I luv Garland and hate vasquez and the trade just like everyone else, but was relieved to get out of that inning with only 1 run being scored on us after Crede couldn't make that catch and the bases loaded...

Not sure what you mean when you say Garland has "won titles" since I can only recall one, last year's..and I hope you're not on the Garland-for-Cy Young bandwagon too...

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Nice play on Anderson, I presume?

Hey offense...this pitcher isn't good. How about we score some runs?

not a nice play persay, but a Cannon.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
I can't wait to see the replay of Leland getting tossed...

He's team is crumbling... and he knows it

haha right in the middle of his tirade he had to stop because yankee stadium started singing god bless america, so in the middle of it he had to stop, stand next to the ump, remove his hat, bow his head, and listen to it....then the second it was over he was back to going nuts on the ump...quite comical

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
When Javy turns around, which he will because he has all the talent just needs to get more comfortable in his surroundings, I dont want to see a bunch of Sox fans start to cheer him like Dye, Garland, Thome, and the rest.

Why would you think he's turn it around? He's not a 2nd or 3rd year player. He's been around awhile and has been a .500 pitcher throughout his career.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)

f***ing man up, if you dislike a player dont f***ing change as soon as he gets over the bad parts.

Javy had a hell of a first 2 months, and has had trouble. There are plenty of reasons for it, but in the end, I would rather have Javy out there than most teams sp's.

So Im going to support him because I know he has the capability.

But you can go ahead, tell me about Jeremy Reed and how KW got fleeced for giving him up.

Or maybe about Borchard, how could the Sox think Thorton would turn around.

We were losers with Contreras he was terrible for the half a year.

It takes time.

Balderdash...Javy cashed in on at least 3 gems against Kansas freaking City, who wasnt even a major league team at the time...he had another couple good games against Cleve and StLouis and the rest was nothing but average at best and a lot of horrible.

I could care less about Reed or the other prospects....we needed Garcia at the time. I don't care that we gave up WHOEVER...I care we went after this bum.

You would rather have this guy than most SPs? LMMFAO...

And he does not have the capability...everyone in the world knows it. His few moments to shine he has imploded like a dead dog.