Meet your Republican Senator from MT

jasonxctf

Some more Classics from Conrad Burns.

In 1994, a Washington Post editorial noted that Burns recounted an incident when a rancher asked him, "Conrad, how can you live back there [in Washington] with all those n*****s?" Burns reportedly "told the rancher that it was 'a hell of a challenge.'"

During a 1999 speech to Montana constituents about U.S. dependence on foreign oil, Burns referred to Arabs as "ragheads."

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
Wow. He's a bit out of step with the rest of the world, including much of his party.

Wow. He's a bit out of step with the rest of the world, including much of his party.

head on. apply directly to your forehead.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)

Kinda like Strom Thurmond with his racist insanity getting elected via write in vote.

What's scarier? That people would vote for a racist, piece of s*** asshat like that or the people who would vote for a racist piece of s*** asshat like that would know how to read/spell to vote appropriately?

I love this guy.

U.S. Sen. Conrad Burns urged Gov. Brian Schweitzer to declare a fire state of emergency Thursday and activate the Montana Army National Guard for firefighting -- more than a month after Schweitzer had already done so.

In a brief letter faxed to the governor's office Thursday, Burns expressed his concern about the 156,000-acre Derby Mountain fire near Columbus.

“Entire ranches have been consumed and homes have been lost,” Burns wrote. “Based on these conditions, I am requesting that you declare a state of emergency.”

However, Schweitzer had declared such a state of emergency on July 11 - thus activating the Montana Army National Guard. He issued a second declaration on Aug. 11.

Almost makes me wish I was back at Field Camp.