Hendry Helping Tigers and Twins

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
First its Neifi Perez to the Tigers when Placido Polanco went down with an injury . Now its Phil Nevin to the Twins.

Is this the Tribune Co. trying to protect its investment by sabotaging the Sox chances by sending players to our rivals to make the playoffs?

L.M.A.O

First its Neifi Perez to the Tigers when Placido Polanco went down with an injury . Now its Phil Nevin to the Twins.

Is this the Tribune Co. trying to protect its investment by sabotaging the Sox chances by sending players to our rivals to make the playoffs?

If such a conspiracy were true, Hendry couldn't even do that right. Possible sabotage of our playoff chances isn't what springs to mind with Neifi Perez and Phil Nevin entering the ALC. Neither had much of a futre in the Cubs organization. When you consider the playoff race is tight among Minnesota, Detroit, and us, it's not unexpected for contenders to search for upgrades wherever they're available. Hendry needs to unload dead weight, and teams within our division happen to need certain role players.

If Zambrano were traded for practically nothing you may an argument. Still would be wrong, but it would atleast hold more validity than these current scenarios.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I think it is no coincidence that they just traded two starters to the two white sox division rivals.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)

Well if Neifi and Phil doom our playoff chances then we most likely didn't belong in the hunt to begin with.

I believe Hendry has HURT these teams.

Look at the facts...When Palanco went down, Infante' was due to take over and in his first game I believe he had a hit or two.

The Tigers got Neifi Perez and Leyland stuck him out in the lineup. Perez is one of the worst hitters in baseball and has a .125 average since going over to Detroit while Infante' stews away on the bench with a .400 batting average in August. Without Perez, Detroit would have Infante' in their lineup and they would be MUCH better offensively. So I am glad the Tigers got Perez...maybe by the time Leyland figures out he had the right guy all along we'll have caught them.

Oh no....If teams are going to the Cubs for "upgrades" then they may have more problems than we first realize. Relax and enjoy September.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
Quite possibly the worst thread ever at SoxTalk, and that's saying a lot from all the crap we've seen.

Stop posting until your brain starts functioning.

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. What happened to the kinder gentler soxtalk ? Its posts like yours that discourage people to open new topics. I see the same topics every day rehashed over and over. There's only so many ways to express why JD should or shouldn't be batting 3rd or how bad Pods is playing. We're here to discuss events surrounding and effecting the Sox. Whether I think Hendry is helping or hurting our rivals is of no consequence. It happens once with Perez you forget it. It happens twice with Nevin ( 21 HR and 64 RBI combined with 2 teams this season) and it becomes something worth discussing. I object to the insulting nature of your post. If you feel the need to berate the post that is acceptable. Questioning my brain function is not and I am owed an apology. Your post did nothing to contribute to the discussion.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. What happened to the kindler gentler soxtalk ? Its posts like yours that discourage people to open new topics. I see the same topics every day rehashed over and over. There's only so many ways to express why JD should or shouldn't be batting 3rd or or how bad Pods is playing. We're here to discuss events surrounding and effecting the Sox. Whether I think Hendry is helping or hurting our rivals is of no consequence. It happens once with Perez you forget it. It happens twice with Nevin ( 21 HR and 64 RBI combined with 2 teams this season) and it becomes something worth discussing. I object to the insulting nature of your post. If you feel the need to berate the post that is acceptable. Questioning my brain function is not and I am owed an apology. Your post did nothing to contribute to the discussion.

Nicely done. :cheers

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. What happened to the kindler gentler soxtalk ? Its posts like yours that discourage people to open new topics. I see the same topics every day rehashed over and over. There's only so many ways to express why JD should or shouldn't be batting 3rd . We're here to discuss events surrounding and effecting the Sox. Whether I think Hendry is helping or hurting our rivals is of no consequence. It happens once with Perez you forget it. It happens twice with Nevin ( 21 HR and 64 RBI combined with 2 teams this season) and it becomes something worth discussing. I object to the insulting nature of your post. If you feel the need to berate the post that is acceptable. Questioning my brain function is not and I am owed an apology. Your post did nothing to contribute to the discussion.

Well, you're not going to get an apology, and I stand by my previous post.

Come on, stand back and look at everything from a non tinfoil POV. Do you honestly think that the Tribune board of execs was camped up in their board room smoking cigars saying

A: Guys, the Cubs once again are done, but I've got an ingenious plan for them not to be considered the equivalent of a little league team from Russia.

B: Fire Dusty Baker?

A: No, let's start trading players to help Detroit and Minnesota and defeat the White Sox.

B: Sounds almost brilliant! So we trade Zambrano and Ramirez for top flight prospects?

A: No! We give them Neifi Perez and Phil Nevin!

Phil Nevin and Neifi f***ing Perez? Do you know how abysmal those two players are, especially Perez? Neifi Perez is still the same moron who attempted a bunt in the bottom of the 9th down two with two outs and two RISP. Phil Nevin stopped doing steroids a long time ago. Hendry is just unloading his mistakes on other teams gullible enough to believe that Perez and Nevin are still productive players.

yeah, if acquiring Neifi Perez and Phil Nevin was actually something to worry about.

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. What happened to the kindler gentler soxtalk ? Its posts like yours that discourage people to open new topics. I see the same topics every day rehashed over and over. There's only so many ways to express why JD should or shouldn't be batting 3rd or how bad Pods is playing. We're here to discuss events surrounding and effecting the Sox. Whether I think Hendry is helping or hurting our rivals is of no consequence. It happens once with Perez you forget it. It happens twice with Nevin ( 21 HR and 64 RBI combined with 2 teams this season) and it becomes something worth discussing. I object to the insulting nature of your post. If you feel the need to berate the post that is acceptable. Questioning my brain function is not and I am owed an apology. Your post did nothing to contribute to the discussion.

Cerbaho-WG

you just got owned, son.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
Cerbaho-WG

you just got owned, son.

You know what, I agree. A person saying that there's a conspiracy going on from the Tribune execs against the White Sox, by noting a Neifi Perez and Phil Nevin (hah) trade, is totally, 100% correct.

If Cerb didn't make his initial post, I probably would have done the exact same thing. This thread is ludicrous, and deservedly got ripped.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)
Well, you're not going to get an apology, and I stand by my previous post.

Come on, stand back and look at everything from a non tinfoil POV. Do you honestly think that the Tribune board of execs was camped up in their board room smoking cigars saying

A: Guys, the Cubs once again are done, but I've got an ingenious plan for them not to be considered the equivalent of a little league team from Russia.

B: Fire Dusty Baker?

A: No, let's start trading players to help Detroit and Minnesota and defeat the White Sox.

B: Sounds almost brilliant! So we trade Zambrano and Ramirez for top flight prospects?

A: No! We give them Neifi Perez and Phil Nevin!

Phil Nevin and Neifi f***ing Perez? Do you know how abysmal those two players are, especially Perez? Neifi Perez is still the same moron who attempted a bunt in the bottom of the 9th down two with two outs and two RISP. Phil Nevin stopped doing steroids a long time ago. Hendry is just unloading his mistakes on other teams gullible enough to believe that Perez and Nevin are still productive players.

I didnt really think I'd get one even though you insulted me without provocation. Perez and Nevin are roleplayers who filled roles for the teams we are fighting tooth and nail against to make the playoffs. Imagine this scenario if you will. The race for the wildcard comes down to the season ending series against the Twins and Nevin gets key RBI's to help the Twins clinch the wildcard. Certainly that is a possibility and if it happens I'm pretty sure this board will be wailing and gnashing their collective teeth about how the Cubs screwed us.