Harris Recalled?

Winning Ugly

from the White Sox today:

SANDY ALOMAR JR. TO BEGIN REHABILITATION ASSIGNMENT

AT CLASS AAA CHARLOTTE TONIGHT

CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have announced that veteran catcher Sandy Alomar Jr. will begin an injury rehabilitation assignment tonight at Class AAA Charlotte.

Alomar, who turns 37 on Wednesday, has been on the disabled list since May 31 with a strained right oblique muscle. He was batting .247 (18-73) with one home run and eight RBI in 25 games with the White Sox.

Alomar ranks sixth among active players with 1,138 career games caught. The Knights open a four-game homestand tonight vs. Ottawa.

and

WHITE SOX PLACE KELLY WUNSCH ON 15-DAY DISABLED LIST;

REINSTATE WILLIE HARRIS FROM DISABLED LIST

CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have placed left-handed pitcher Kelly Wunsch on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to June 12) with a strained left latissimus dorsi (side) and have recalled Willie Harris from his rehabilitation assignment at Class AAA Charlotte and reinstated the infielder/outfielder from the 15-day disabled list.

Wunsch, 30, suffered the injury in the sixth inning of his last outing on June 11 vs. San Francisco. He is 0-0 with a 1.15 ERA (2 ER/15.2 IP) in 22 relief appearances with the White Sox.

Wunsch leads American League relievers with a .102 opponents average and .143 slugging percentage. Over his last 43 outings dating to July 23, 2002, Wunsch has allowed four earned runs on 15 hits over 30.2 IP (1.17 ERA).

Harris, 24, has been on the disabled list since May 23 with a mild separation of his right shoulder sustained while making a diving catch on May 16 at Minnesota. He was sent on the rehabilitation assignment on June 10, batting .211 (4-19) with one home run and one RBI in five games. In 28 games overall with the Knights, Harris has hit .380 (38-100) with six home runs and 13 RBI.

Harris hit .162 (6-37) in 14 games with the Sox after being recalled on

May 1 from Charlotte.

Harris does good at AAA Charlotte. He comes up and is a bust. Let's hope he is ready to produce this time. However, I don't think he is the answer in CF since that isn't his natural/normal position. Maybe Jimenez should be benched and let's try Harris at 2B for awhile. I am getting tired of DJ's errors, sloppy running and now his offense is dropping off.

I think Harris has been hitting the ball harder every extra day he's at the major league level and I don't think its going to be long when he's knocking on the door and giving the Sox are reason to play him somewhere, everyday. Most likely that means Jimenez moves to short, which probably isn't the greatest thing defensively.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Most likely that means Jimenez moves to short, which probably isn't the greatest thing defensively.

probably... thats not a good thing at all.... hell he cant play 2nd and you want to move him to short... geez and we b**** about manos.....jimenez will make manos look like a gold glover, if that move were to happen....... :rolleyes:

Most likely that means Jimenez moves to short, which probably isn't the greatest thing defensively.

If you you think Berroa/Furcal has a lot of errors or if you think Guzman can't turn a DP...wait until you put Jimenez there. You'd be begging for Jose to come back after 1 game lol.

If you you think Berroa/Furcal has a lot of errors or if you think Guzman can't turn a DP...wait until you put Jimenez there. You'd be begging for Jose to come back after 1 game lol.

I didn't say it would be pretty. The alternative is moving one of our first baseman/dh's or moving Carlos or Magglio with Harris playing center and Borchard somewhere.

Thats if he starts hitting. I figure it will be a good problem to have. But a Willie Harris that could hit .290 and draw some walks with Jimenez in the two hole would be a hell of a one two punch.

dont ya just love getting double jumped.....lol...........

I won't say Jimenez would be worse then Jose. There would be fewer erros, but also fewer plays made (Jose does have a solid range factor).

I still think getting Vazquez would be awesome. Maybe the Sox could move Harris for a different middle infielder, one that could play shortstop. Either way I stick to my thoughts that Harris may just develop into a pretty damn good player.

This is just me going on gut instincts. He works hard and I think that hard work is going to pay off. I also love how hard he hits the ball when he slaps it (Not when he gets under it, and I notice him doing that less and less; He had a damn good bunt attempt today, too bad Mueller made an awesome play).

Willie sure did the job last night.  Way to go bottom of the line up.  Josh Paul, Joe Crede, Paul Konerko, and Willie were our offense last night.

Don't forget Frank Thomas. I think it was Frank battling Pedro in the 5th that finally did Martinez in. That was a great at bat by Frank.

Don't forget Frank Thomas. I think it was Frank battling Pedro in the 5th that finally did Martinez in. That was a great at bat by Frank.

Konerko also had a couple of real good AB's against Martinez seeing about a dozen pitches in them and ended up getting on both times.