Sox @ Royals, September 1, 2006 7:05 p.m.

MHizzle85

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 01:23 AM)
Back at school, so I can't watch the game. I just checked the score, and;

f***

No more checking this score.

And time to get McCarthy into the rotation to take our "ace's" spot.

Don't worry...the intensity tonight is 5x worse than it's been all year. If you didn't know better, you would have thought this Royals team was on pace to win 120 games this year by the way Hawk has described them.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
Another blown opportunity to seperate ourselves from the Twins.

This whole Royals team is dogs***. I'm most upset about Fat ass Hernandez shutting us down.

This KC team has some hitters that have a much better approach than our guys right now.

New dumbass Hawk-ism of the night, "This game gives us a good chance to have to come back."

No s***?!?!

Don't worry though, for the rest of the game, everyone will go to the plate and attempt to hit solo shots....only 7 needed to tie...

Edited by chisox72

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Hey, the Yankees are beating the Twins almost this badly. yay! Another day of 1/2 game in front of the wild card.

I wonder if the A's can catch us.

But we are playing the worst team in the AL and they are playing the best. Technically this is when we should be putting some space between us.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
I think the rule is that you can't just assume that a guy would have been out, IIRC.

If you can't assume he would have been out, you can't charge him with an error. You assume that runner is out, so if he scores its unearned, and any that score with 2 out would be unearned as well because if Cintron had not made the error the inning was over.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
95 to 97 on the Count before the DL, he used to throw predominantly overhand, but would drop down from time to time.

Now he is 91, and he is sidearm to every righty.

How the f*** does this happen without an explanation.

I'm guessing he's not healthy. I'm ready to DL him and put McCarthy in his starting spot. This team needs a healthy Contreras and Thome to win another title.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
This KC team has some hitters that have a much better approach than our guys right now.

They've probably had a better approach for the last two weeks.

It's time to get to fat ass. Enough f***ing around.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
2nd and 3rd 1 out . Why not walk Dejesus to set up the doubleplay ? Grudz promtly hits a sharp grounder to short and we're out of the inning down 3-0 instead of the 7-0 hole we now face. The errors dont bother me half as much as not walking DeJesus swich ended up costing us 4 runs.

Grudz is hitting over 400 on the season vs us

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
Same ol story vs. the Royals.

Maybe Oz should start the 4 guys we brought up tomorrow.

We just don't have the magic this year.

Or is it simply the pitching?

Maybe Ozzie should walk around the clubhouse tomorrow and see who really feels like playing, then make out the line-up.

Same ol story vs. the Royals.

Maybe Oz should start the 4 guys we brought up tomorrow.

We just don't have the magic this year.

Or is it simply the pitching?

I think mostly it is the pitching + lack of hunger since they won it last year + Ozzie's bad managing.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
Wow. This is pure dogs***.

I am so f***in pissed that Kansas City continues to beat us around.

Was that shot to centerfield catchable? Or did Mack just f*** it up as usual?

We need to have our f***ing starters in every game from here on out.

God dammit Ozzie. Cintron and Mackowiak should not be playing.

It was a gapper pure and simple sharply hit . Assuming BA starts in the same position as Mac theres no way he gets it.

QUOTE(shoota @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
I'm guessing he's not healthy. I'm ready to DL him and put McCarthy in his starting spot. This team needs a healthy Contreras and Thome to win another title.

Contereras's arm would literally need to fall off before Ozzie puts bmac in the rotation. Ozzie puts Cotts in based on last year, and he keeps Contreras in based on last year. He keeps peter pan in based on last year.

On any other team, Cotts is in AAA, Contreras was on the DL about a month ago, and peter pan is a utility guy.