Sox @ Royals, September 1, 2006 7:05 p.m.

MHizzle85

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
I hope you aren't suggesting we have a good bullpen.

Maybe we should just forfeit then. I mean if you are suggesting we cant pull our 7 run hurt pitcher because of fear of the pen, maybe we should just quit, and go home.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
So why is he out there when we have +2 arms in the bullpen now?

How can anyone defend ozzie's decisions?

I'm hoping there's a mutiny in the dugout soon

Really wahts it matter. Its not like he's throwing a gazillion pitches. We are gonna lose either way, so who cares. Jose had yet another worthless start too.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
Really wahts it matter. Its not like he's throwing a gazillion pitches. We are gonna lose either way, so who cares. Jose had yet another worthless start too.

Jas if he is hurt, what is the point of having a hurt pitcher throw more pitches. You know what happens when a pitcher gets hurt outside of his arm. They f*** up their mechanics, and then compensate to make the pain go away, like Jose's sidearm. And what usually is the outcome of a pitcher going out of their mechanics.

Surgery for their shoulder or elbow.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
I wish if he's really hurt we just put him on the DL.

Get rid of him til next year.

If he's on the staff he's got to be able to go 5 innings or 6.

I mean my god, is five innings too much to ask.

He can go 5 innings. It just how many touchdowns do you want your offense to come back from.

I just want to say one thing for all of you saying Jose is still hurt. If he is hurt and the Sox are not putting him on the DL they are obviously one of the most ignorant, dumbass organizations in all of baseball.

Why would we be sitting out there throwing out a piece of s*** pitcher (which is almost what Jose is right now) if we knew his struggles were do to an injury. Wouldn't we have thrown him on the DL weeks ago and given McCarthy a chance knowing that we could in time get Jose healthy and have him ready for the stretch run.

I'm sorry, this injury claim really makes no sense cause I can't think (and I think Ozzie's a f***ing idiot) that Kenny would be dumb enough to do something like that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
Jas if he is hurt, what is the point of having a hurt pitcher throw more pitches. You know what happens when a pitcher gets hurt outside of his arm. They f*** up their mechanics, and then compensate to make the pain go away, like Jose's sidearm. And what usually is the outcome of a pitcher going out of their mechanics.

Surgery for their shoulder or elbow.

He can go 5 innings. It just how many touchdowns do you want your offense to come back from.

I don't buy into the theory that he's hurt though. I just made a post better explaining myself on that.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
I just want to say one thing for all of you saying Jose is still hurt. If he is hurt and the Sox are not putting him on the DL they are obviously one of the most ignorant, dumbass organizations in all of baseball.

Why would we be sitting out there throwing out a piece of s*** pitcher (which is almost what Jose is right now) if we knew his struggles were do to an injury. Wouldn't we have thrown him on the DL weeks ago and given McCarthy a chance knowing that we could in time get Jose healthy and have him ready for the stretch run.

I'm sorry, this injury claim really makes no sense cause I can't think (and I think Ozzie's a f***ing idiot) that Kenny would be dumb enough to do something like that.

I feel the same way. Maybe Jose is having Cotts-Syndrome. The opposing hitters have figured him out, and he keeps throwing meatballs....

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 06:31 PM)
Sure because Anderson never has caught a liner in the gap. Never this year.

Another thing, Anderson positions himself a hell of a lot better. And has natural instincts off the crack of the bat.

The ball DeJesus hit was a screamer and wasnt all that high. Put the blame where it belongs, on Contreras.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)

Farmer, Bill Melton, and others have stated that they believe that Jose is hurt. Also Steve Stone stated that him dropping down could take pressure off of his back. He hasnt been the same since he had the siatica. He had a epidural. Maybe it still bothers him. Why all of a sudden woudl a pitcher drop down all the time to righties. If he is healthy dont you think Cooper would of consulted video and just had him stay high.

I think his back is bothering him.

HE'S NOT HURT. If he were hurt they wouldn't let him pitch. They've invested too much in him to allow this to get worse by throwing him out there every five days. Enough already. It's between his ears, he loses confidence. We should've traded for El Duque to keep him company and straighten him out.

Not defending Jose too much but wasn't one of the six runs that inning earned?

The rest caused by the bad defense?

I don't think you should put 6 runs on the defense. There were a couple bad defensive plays early in the inning and Count responded by giving up hit after hit after hit. It's not like he pitched well (or even ok) and the defense just let him down.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 01:50 AM)
HE'S NOT HURT. If he were hurt they wouldn't let him pitch. They've invested too much in him to allow this to get worse by throwing him out there every five days. Enough already. It's between his ears, he loses confidence. We should've traded for El Duque to keep him company and straighten him out.

Then why does every article state that Ozzie keeps asking him if he's injured?