Sox @ Royals, September 1, 2006 7:05 p.m.

MHizzle85

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
I just want to say one thing for all of you saying Jose is still hurt. If he is hurt and the Sox are not putting him on the DL they are obviously one of the most ignorant, dumbass organizations in all of baseball.

Why would we be sitting out there throwing out a piece of s*** pitcher (which is almost what Jose is right now) if we knew his struggles were do to an injury. Wouldn't we have thrown him on the DL weeks ago and given McCarthy a chance knowing that we could in time get Jose healthy and have him ready for the stretch run.

I'm sorry, this injury claim really makes no sense cause I can't think (and I think Ozzie's a f***ing idiot) that Kenny would be dumb enough to do something like that.

It's not that farfetched to think Contreras is pitching with pain. Recall what happened with Politte this year. Ozzie knew he was pitching through pain that wasn't there last year and KEPT USING HIM.

I think it's in Ozzie's personality to tell Contreras to man up and pitch because the team needs him and it's the stretch run. Ozzie would rather have Contreras's ineffective pitching than to give McCarthy a starting spot.

QUOTE(shoota @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
It's not that farfetched to think Contreras is pitching with pain. Recall what happened with Politte this year. Ozzie knew he was pitching through pain that wasn't there last year and KEPT USING HIM.

I think it's in Ozzie's personality to tell Contreras to man up and pitch because the team needs him and it's the stretch run. Ozzie would rather have Contreras's ineffective pitching than to give McCarthy a starting spot.

If the Sox fall short this season, we will hear about numerous pitchers pitching around injuries. That's a given. What won't be explained is why the Sox didn't use McCarthy if these guys were hurt.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 02:03 AM)
If the Sox fall short this season, we will hear about numerous pitchers pitching around injuries. That's a given. What won't be explained is why the Sox didn't use McCarthy if these guys were hurt.

I've been saying earlier that I'm predicting major offseason surgery for either Contreras or Thome.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
Nice pull-and-lift attempt there by AJ who looks more like he wants to pad his stats than to actually get his team back into the game.

I was thinking the same thing. Since he got his average up over .300 most of the year, he is now trying to increase his HR #'s...

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 02:03 AM)
Logan > Cotts

Yep, and I'm not one of the Boone fanatics on this site. I should have known he'd look good, my source told me he looked nasty, and he's never a fan of Sox prospects. That same source said that the Sox would be better instantly if Sweeney was starting in LF tonight.

95??? I think Cotts might not get many innings the rest of the way, unless we start to tank it

I wish Boone would get a serious look and some opportunities to come into close games. But I think Ozzie is going to stick with his #1 lefty set up man. He's said as much. Cotts helped them in the championship season and I think that's about all Ozzie thinks about.

Hate to say it but Skankees and Oakland look to be the head of the pack. They are playing very consistently. The Sox have not and WILL not go on that roll we've all been waiting for. It is clear that this team does not have the look of a champion. Post-season? Yeah, I think we will squeak in by default since Boston went on the DL and the Twins are short players also. But I believe we will make a quick exit. You can put that on the board.